Sun

• 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM

• 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Benihana
    3.2 (2.3k reviews)

0.4 miles away from Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Patrick R. said"The only reason I don't give this place 5 stars is because I can't afford to go here often enough. My girlfriend absolutely loves coming here and I don't blame her. The food is amazing, the show that these guys put on to make the…"read more

in Japanese, Teppanyaki, Sushi Bars

Poke House
    3.8 (432 reviews)

3.6 miles away from Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

John D. said"I usually don't write reviews but I feel like this place deserves a good review Ive been to the other locations of Poke restaurants, but I enjoy coming here the most. This spot has some really good sauce options that compliment and…"read more

in Poke, Hawaiian

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do they do cart service for dim sum?

A:

No cart service.

Cherylynn N. 
      7 months ago
    • Q:

Do u offer dim sum at night?

A:

Hi Ben! Thank you for your question, we do offer dim sum, feel free to visit https://www.koipalacecontempo.com/menu to see our full dinner menu. For any question or reservations please call us at 408-849-8888

Ella C., Business Manager 
      8 months ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Overall rating

459 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of John T.
      John T.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 20, 2024

We've been coming here for a while since they first opened up here. It's very high end dim sum/ Chinese food. i feel a lot of what they're doing is cleaning it up and making it elegant but yet the foods main roots isn't lost. Service has been decent and at times great. I love their manager here who always makes me laugh. Great sense of humor!

The last thing that really sets this place over the top for us and it's not even about the food. We're able to bring our dog and have a seat outside to enjoy a meal.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Teresa V.
      Teresa V.
      San Jose, CA
      Nov 4, 2023

Had brunch at this dim sum place. The place is spacious and offer outdoor dining as well. The place looked clean and organized.

We shared a number of dishes. Some were tasty, and some were just alright. My favorite would be the green beans. Very flavorful.

The XLB was just ok. I've had much better somewhere else.

The service was fast and the staff was friendly and attentive.

Would I go here again? Maybe if I'm in the area. But I wouldn't go out of my way just to get Dim Sum here.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lee D.
      Aug 29, 2023

Yelp check-in = Free dessert after spending $50.

Cut and pasted from their website:
      "Separated into two units, Koi Palace Contempo features a full-service, dine-in experience of Contemporary-Cantonese cuisine in Unit A, whereas Unit B features a different, Fine Casual Dining experience. "

Quality/Quantity - Interesting, missing many of my pictures...
      Food was good, above average quality. But just like the younger crowd, I prefer their Dragon Beaux and Palette restaurants.

Atmosphere -
      Indoor and outdoor seating. Two buildings, two styles of businesses; one for "fine dining" one for fast casual.
      Open 7 days a week. See picture, as hours differ on Yelp and their website.

Service - Good.

Price - Above average, but you have to pay for quality.
      I am glad that Koi Palace is adapting to the changing environments with Dragon Beaux and Palette, etc. This will keep them competitive and ensure more legacy.

Owner Suggestion - Congrats on all your success since 1996 and with your 6+ locations. We have been customers since you first opened in Daly City.
      Owned Wok Shop Cafe & Happy Valley restaurants prior to Koi Palace.
      1990 - Sold Wok Shop Cafe.
      1996 - Sold Happy Valley Restaurants.
      2005 - Opened Dragon Beaux.
      2019 - Opened Palette Tea House.
      2020 - Opened Palette Tea Garden.

Helpful 5
      Thanks 0
      Love this 5
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Chris C.
      Chris C.
      San Jose, CA
      Oct 21, 2023

Most dishes were good and we appreciate the elevated style of dim sum dishes; it's just a bit pricey.

We came on a Sunday around 11am without reservations and had no wait. The menu is nicely designed and the pictures + well-organized labeling helped! Once you select what you want, the waiter takes your menu and gives back a receipt so you can double check the items. As the food comes, they mark the receipt to track what has been delivered.

Quick comments on the items we got:
      - Pan seared dumplings - a nice middle ground between Dumpling Home buns and a xiao long bao, so it's not too bread-y and not too thin.
      - Fried daikon - haven't had anything like it before, it's good but a bit rich so best to share so you just eat one.
      - Shu mai - a decent standard shu mai dish.
      - Pea shoots - good! nothing to complain about.
      - Swan taro pastries - interesting design with a savory inside.
      - Wagyu dumplings - high meat to wrap ratio, was good!
      - Unagi lotus rice - if you like unagi you'll like this, but after trying this I think I prefer a chicken lotus rice dish. Cool concept though!
      - Truffle fried rice - you can see the truffle flakes but I didn't really taste it. It's a decent fried rice otherwise, perhaps overpriced, so we were disappointed.
      - Egg tarts - light and not too sweet, and nicely crispy.

Tea was $2/person and was good quality; we got chrysanthemum.

Service was good though perhaps not proactive; but when I looked around for a waiter and motioned for help, they came quickly.

Small thing but I appreciate how the take-out boxes were not flimsy. They're cardboard stadium-shaped (rectangular) containers with secure plastic lids. Nice touch with a logo-ed sturdy paper bag too.

Not exactly a budget dining place, but we'd come back if we're craving dim sum!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Amy G.
      Amy G.
      San Jose, CA
      Oct 17, 2023

Not good. I came here with friends (party of 4) on a Friday during lunch hours. The restaurant was 1/5 full at most yet it took us a good 2-3 mins to flag down a server to sit us. Once seated, we were given a paper menu and a pencil to mark what we want to order. However, it took us 10 more minutes to flag down a waitress to take our order. Then minutes later, the waitress realized that she didn't put our order into the computer system for the back of the house to start cooking, so we wasted even more time due to the incompetence. We actually ended up getting the food way later than other customers that arrived after us.

The 4 of us each ordered a lunch meal set which comes with the main dish, soup, and small appetizers. One of the waitresses suggested that we share one soup pot instead of serving us 4 soup pots, and said that we could always order for soup refill if we wanted to. Given how slow their service is, we immediately said we wanted our own soups. Yeah, no thanks.

Lastly, the food itself tasted mediocre at best. I ordered the baked pork chop rice that tasted quite bland. The only redeeming factor is at least they didn't charge the "mandatory service fee" of 18% like other Koi Palace establishments, but my friends and I all agreed that we wouldn't come back to this place.

Helpful 4
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Eric H.
      Eric H.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 8, 2024
      Seated via Yelp Reservations

We came here for a special occasion and made a reservation in advance for a Sunday lunch. Once we arrived we were seated right away. We ordered so much delicious dim sum it's hard for me to list them all, you can't go wrong with any order. Service for being the food was also pretty fast. Would definitely come here again!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Courtney T.
      Oct 9, 2023

I came here to eat for my birthday for dinner, and enjoyed the food and the ambiance. However, I wish that they kept the same menu for lunch & dinner.
      On their dinner menu, they have a lot of dim sum items anyways, but they took off some popular items like the unagi sticky rice, and scallion pancake. They still have other options like har gow, xlb, etc.
      I think this place could use some improvement on their drinks and dessert selection.
      They should add cocktails, boba and better desserts to their menu to bring in more customers, kind of like palette tea house in SF.
      The reason why I am giving this place 3 stars, is because if the service. The workers aren't friendly, and that doesn't sit right with me if its a higher end restaurant.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of We Y.
      We Y.
      Los Altos, CA
      May 25, 2024

While many dim sum do not look anything close to what's shown in the picture on menu, and the many items are pricey, overall they taste pretty good. I like the black swan taro puff, salt bake capelin, spring roll, and the BBQ char Siu rice.

Char Siu rice
      Taro puff
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kenneth M.
      May 25, 2024

Food is generally good, price is on the premium side. Not a particularly good value but that's the price for a nice ambiance and decent food.

BBQ pork (CharSiu) rice
      Pineapple bun (波羅包)with butter inside
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of H T.
      H T.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 28, 2024

The service was nice but lack attention. My empty plates were stacking up but no one came to help clear it til we asked them which takes forever. Every dim sum I went to in the Bay Area had a designated staff pick up empty plates to clear room for new dishes. They pile up new dishes but not clear empty plates which crowded the whole table. If you ever go to dim sum, it will cause glass water and food to spill. Yes, we ordered way too many food but they need to help us organize the table efficiently.

Food portion was too little per plates. Chicken feet per plate had 3 halved feet. Other places I had at least 3 whole chicken feet at the bare minimum! Taste was just ok. Shrimp steam rolls were 1/4 of portion of other places. Many basic dim plates were missing and lacking.

Positives: the staff was nice when you see them, but they are clearly short staff. We came on Sunday during noon time. The vegetable plates like snow pea shoots and Chinese broccoli were decent proportions. My mom loved it! I like their teas. Very aromatic. Restaurant area and parking was nice. Easy to find parking since there was a parking garage next to the restaurant.
      Would I come back again? No.
      Do I recommend you to come and try out? Yes. My experience is bad, but it doesn't mean yours will be.
      Hope my review is helpful! Happy dining yelpers!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

68 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Dumpling City
    4.2 (215 reviews)

Patrick M. said"First off this isn't a restaurant or even a takeout to eat. It's take away and cook yourself. I feel like this place is more like a grocery store than takeout. I stopped by hoping to get lunch, instead inside the door was a line of…"read more

in Dim Sum, Shanghainese

Happy Lamb Hot Pot
    4.0 (1.3k reviews)

0.2 miles away from Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Stephanie O. said"Came here with 4 girls on a rainy Thursday night. We all paid $21 each after tax and tip and ordered about 8-10 dishes and left FULL. A few words of advice: - get here before 6PM or else you will suffer at least a 30-45 minute wait…"read more

in Hot Pot, Mongolian, Chinese

Collections Including Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

People Also Viewed