Fri

• 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Sat

Sun

Amenities and More

About the Business

Korea's Finest Fried Chicken!! Diverse Menu Items and a Great Atmosphere- We Look Forward To Welcoming You To Our Restaurant. You'll Love Our K-Chicken!…

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is there alcohol available?

A:

Yes, we serve beer and soju. Cocktails are also on the way.!

Calvin J., Business Owner 
      8 months ago
    • Q:

Do you serve gluten free fried chicken?

A:

No answers yet. Answer this question

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of bb.q Chicken Sunnyvale

Overall rating

204 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Jessica H.
      Jessica H.
      San Mateo, CA
      Mar 27, 2024
      1 check-in

Wow it's so good! We had some wings and boneless chicken. The boneless chicken was delicious. The pieces were both tender and crispy. We had the honey garlic flavor, and lemme say the honey garlic flavor is to die for!! So fragrant and tasty. It was nicely savory and a bit sweet. Such a good flavor combo. My car smelled like it for a week and I can't complain, lol it was a good smell!

The wings however, were not as good for takeout. For the spicy original flavor, it was surprisingly not very spicy (and I'm usually someone who gets "mild" spice, so you know I can't handle heat very well lol). It was okay overall- not crispy, just a bit soft. Good to try though. Maybe better in person. The spice felt like Jollibee's spicy, but turned down a notch.

They seem to cook to order, so it took about 30 minutes of waiting to get the food. Worth it. I like that the sauces aren't super heavy, it's a good balance of flavor (not too salty). Easy to eat the chicken without rice, good as a stand alone dish! Also, the take out box is pretty cool- it's specially designed for bb.q chicken! Holds chicken well in transport.

small wings- spicy original
      small boneless- honey garlic
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Business owner information

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

• Photo of Diane W.
      Diane W.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 6, 2024
      1 check-in

Had dinner here with my husband on Thursday. This was my second time eating here. We opted for dine in. The place was empty. Most orders coming in were for take out. I placed my order at the front and had a seat at one of the booths. The tables were very clean, which i appreciated. I ordered the small boneless honey garlic chicken, a small boneless Caribbean spice chicken, onion rings, dumplings and kimchi fried rice.

Our food arrived within 18 minutes piping hot. The kimchi fried rice was my favorite item. Very flavorful. My husband liked his Caribbean spiced chicken. The dumplings and onion rings were both very good. My honey garlic chicken was terrible. It was hard and dry. Impossible to eat and didn't have much sauce on the outside. I took it to the front and explained the situation and they offered to remake it. The remade chicken came out in 10 minutes, but the chicken was just as bad. I'm not sure if the chicken was old/freezer burned or the person cooking it cooked it too long. It was hard and dry and barely had any sauce on it. We took our leftovers home and I just threw away the chicken. I have ordered this same chicken in the past, from here, but didn't have this problem.

For the price we paid for the chicken, I expected crispy Korean fried chicken, moist and juicy in the middle and completely coated with the sauce I chose. That's not what I was served. The sad part was that the second attempt was just as horrible.

I'm not sure if I will be coming back to this location again.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

• Photo of Darci K.
      Darci K.
      Sacramento, CA
      Mar 31, 2024
      1 check-in

bb.q chicken is a Korean chicken chain restaurant specifically in the bay area.

We stumbled upon it by accident, and it definitely was a different experience than most.

First and foremost, I was really torn between three and four stars for this review, and erred on the side of generosity by giving it four stars.

Whether you're dining in or getting take away, all food is ordered at the counter located when you walk right in the door.

What I love about chicken that is prepared Korean style, is that when given a choice between wings versus boneless, always go with the boneless. Why? Because whole pieces of chicken thighs, etc. are deboned and what you're getting is a generous piece of chicken. I'm generally not a fan of boneless chicken, but Korean is absolutely the exception.

We ordered two flavors of boneless, one was the secret sauce, flavor, and the other one was the honey garlic.
      The honey garlic was visually unappealing, and the taste wasn't much better. It was fairly bland, and I definitely would not order it again.
      The secret sauce version is a completely different story it's tangy, sweet, savory, and oh, so tasty! We had asked about the different heat flavors, and the man behind the counter, really could not give us a heat scale, so we decided to try these.

The fries... We ordered the cheese fries which traditionally are french fries that are covered with this honey cheese powder that really kicks the french fries into a level of Yum. Our original order was served with some kind of burn your mouth into another galaxy sauce that we hadn't ordered. The initial taste was good, but my taste buds two seconds in did not like it. The restaurant generously replaced the fry order with a regular cheese fry neither one of us were certain why our fries were served with any sauce on it since we didn't order it that way, but if the sauce flavor on the fries was indicative of other heat levels for the chicken, I'm personally glad we ordered what we ordered.

I ordered a strawberry lemonade, and it tasted like flavored water. I tried drinking it to wash down the heat from the fries, and it's definitely something I would not order again.

The seating in the restaurant is a few booths, and the expectation is that you clean up after yourself. Not a big deal, but it made me wonder how frequently after the table has been used if someone's wiping them down.

A pricey experience, but based on portion and taste, I'm glad that we gave it a chance.

Helpful 16
      Thanks 6
      Love this 16
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

Mar 31, 2024

Hello Darci K.! Thank you for your thoughtful review. We’re happy that you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is valuable to us and we are grateful for it. We look forward to seeing you again.

• Photo of Felinn A.
      Felinn A.
      Union City, CA
      Mar 27, 2024
      1 check-in

First time visiting this location, and the food was solid. My go to spot is usually in Cupertino. If you're used to this chain, you can definitely visit this place.

My order was the boneless soy garlic chicken, and rose rice cakes. Both very tasty. Food here is definitely more pricey but if you're craving this type of Korean food it's worth it.

Service here was straightforward and seemless. Definitely a smaller interior, but fit the vibes of Korean music playing, stacked refrigerators of alcohol and darker lighting. Will come back if in the area!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

Mar 28, 2024

Hello Felinn A.! We truly appreciate your feedback and support. We’re thrilled to know that you had a positive experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with excellent service in the future.

• Photo of Kaje Y.
      Kaje Y.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Mar 12, 2024

The chicken here is delicious. Good flavours, comes out hot, and decent size. The fries are also really good - crispy but a little thick.

Everything else:
      There is plenty of parking which is nice. After you go in, the layout in the front is kind of awkward. If there's a line, it essentially blocks the entrance. Further, while waiting in line, there's no larger menu to look at and decide. This ultimately slows down the whole process. There is a decent amount of seating and it doesn't get overly busy. After you pay, you get a number and they'll bring the food to your table. The tables have napkin dispensers and a lined metal bucket for bones. You need to ask the person for water.

At the end, we weren't sure if we bussed our own table, but on our way out we saw that they had some instructions by the trash can by the door, so we went back and bussed our table.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

• Photo of John N.
      John N.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 27, 2024

I've been to their sister spot in Cupertino, and the food here is pretty much on par with the former. Which is to say, very good Korean fried chicken, but not the best in the Bay (and thus keeping it from 5 stars). In particular, I felt that the chicken was a touch on the dry side, albeit perfectly crispy on the outside. I think $18 for an 8-piece "half" order is reasonable and comparable to other KFC establishments (if itself a bit pricey). I also tried the Rose Ddeok-Bokki, after seeing some good reviews here, and this was also good, but not the best value ($18 for a single portion, after a $2 for adding cheese, which is a must). I would have appreciated the opportunity to order this dish as a side/smaller portion, perhaps at a lower cost. Overall, this place is a good option to get your KFC fix if you are in the area, but not one to go out of your way for.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

Apr 27, 2024

Hello John N.! We truly appreciate your feedback and support. We’re thrilled to know that you had a positive experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with excellent service in the future.

• Photo of Luigi B.
      Luigi B.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Feb 15, 2024
      1 check-in

(Jungkook voiceover)

The vibe is fab chicken place. Music vids rock! Right smack dab in the middle of Sunnyvale.

Mariana warmly greeted us. She is super friendly!

We got the Chicken wings Secret Sauce. That crispy batter. Sweet. Tangy. Mystery. Maybe a hint of orange. Finger licking goodiness!

Chicken wings Soy Garlic. Scrumptuous like the IG model who loved them. Yum!

Pickedl Radish. Nice contrast! Cute cubes.

Strawberry Lemonade. Wow. Tart.

Liquid Death Convicted Melon. Good. No sugar!

Sooooo fricken' chicken delish!

Would order everythin' again!

Woohoo

Helpful 6
      Thanks 0
      Love this 6
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

Feb 16, 2024

Hello Luigi B.! Thank you for acknowledging our effort. We appreciate the thoughtful review and we look forward to welcoming you again.

• Photo of Samantha C.
      Jan 18, 2024

I was researching different places in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area for the best korean fried chicken and this was one of the top spots. I was interested in trying Von's and 99 Chicken, but I think those two are closed on Mondays while this place isn't, so I ordered a bunch of stuff from the bb.q chicken website. I was surprised to see that you can schedule an order for a certain pickup depending on when you plan to eat, so that was very convenient on the restaurant's behalf. You submit your order, they text/email you a confirmation, and then let you know when the order is to be ready for pickup. What I ordered:

galbi boneless, half portion (3/5) -- super savory, smoky, sticky sauce and loved the green onions but a lot of the pieces in this batch were dry/stringy

golden original boneless, half portion (4/5) -- probably because I drove with the box still closed, but by the time my guy and I ate, it was not as crispy as I envisioned..still flavorful and juicy...if you're sensitive to heat like me, there is a slight kick that otherwise would go unnoticed by the average person

honey garlic boneless, half portion (5/5) -- the favorite of the three, this was flavorful, juicy, and crispy

The fried chicken comes with the typical cubed white radish. I believe the total was ~$50 and portion wise, what I got for me and my boyfriend, this was perfect if you don't plan on eating anything else for a meal. I would return with those who really love fried chicken since this place's flavors are on point without being too salty or intense.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

• Photo of Kacy O.
      Kacy O.
      San Jose, CA
      Jan 4, 2024

Location is easy to find.

All of the food arrived hot from the kitchen and taste was decent. However, portions seem to be mediocre for the price.

Ordered whole chicken that was half Golden Chicken and half spicy chicken, pickled daikon, two containers of rice and French fries which came to $50.

Food was suitable for 2 adults maximum. (There were four of us..)

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 2

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

• Photo of Gerry T.
      Gerry T.
      Pacifica, CA
      Apr 26, 2024

This is right next to my credit union in Sunnyvale. I ordered Spicy Original wings. Love they come out really hot and crispy. Waited just 10 minutes. Took it back to the office a few miles away and still hot and crispy. About $20 and includes a side of daikon. Very tasty, it was spicy, not too salty, and not oily or greasy. They have so many flavors and chicken options. I'll come back.

Spicy Original Wings
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of CS B.

CS B.

Apr 27, 2024

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, Gerry T.. We’re glad to hear that you had a great time at our restaurant, and we’re excited to have you back soon!

3 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including bb.q Chicken Sunnyvale

People Also Viewed

bb.q Chicken Sunnyvale is a Yelp advertiser.