• 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Sat

Sun

Closed now

Amenities and More

About the Business

Boiling Point is the leading provider of Taiwanese Hot Soup with a specialty in individualized portions made with the freshest ingredients possible. Though the concept of our soups originated in Taiwan, we have since expanded our menu to include international flavors in hopes of introducing our food to a wider audience. Our menu also features a variety of appetizers, drinks, and desserts.

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is the coke refillable?

A:

No! We only serve soda by the can so it is non refillable.

Maricris T. 
      7 months ago 1 person found this helpful
    • Q:

Would it be ok to order a pot without mushrooms?

A:

Yes, you can request no mushrooms.

Alyssa P. 
      2 years ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Boiling Point

Overall rating

725 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Jezza Mei O.
      Mar 31, 2024

If it's even a little bit cold outside of if it's raining, you really sure to find me here with my partner! There are many soup options with a variety of toppings and flavour and different spice levels!

When it's peak time, you might have to wait (depending on if it's busy). You'll sign in with your name and number through an iPad, and they will text you on your phone when your table is ready. There's minimal space inside to wait, but feel free to check out the different stores around you or you can just simply wait in your car till you get the text that your table is ready.

They also have milk the options as well, I really like getting the Jade green tea here. Overall, I just wanted to come by and leave a review at boiling point because it's so good.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Cindy T.
      Cindy T.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 27, 2024

This was my second time at Boiling Point. The only thing that I really really dislike is their Yelp wait list system and you can only join once you're there. It does take awhile and get super packed.. so plan ahead.

Beverages: I get the black milk tea, which is super flavorful 5

Food: Beef pot ~ it has a good amount of everything. I like ordering udon noodles on the side, 5/5

Next time I want to come back to try the different flavors!

The staff were very nice and attentive, checking in on us periodically.

Boba
      Beef
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 2
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kelly D.
      Kelly D.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 26, 2024
      1 check-in

BP has low reviews because everyone is expecting top-notch service with the best ingredients for the price increase but in this economy? I think the price is valid for a hot pot where you can ask for additional broth. It's always busy for a reason. It's ol' reliable, delicious, and soo filling.

During lunch, you get the choice of free black or green tea, both are sweetened. It gets crowded for dinners, especially on the weekends so be prepared for a wait. They have a system where you put your phone number and they'll text you when ready.

My recommendations are beef and lamb, but I'm pretty basic. If you have no spice tolerance, get no spice. Even the mild gets pretty spicy. If anything, you can add chili oil for some spice.

Lamb Pot
      Beef Pot
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cassidy T.
      Cassidy T.
      North San Jose, San Jose, CA
      Apr 6, 2024

Boiling point is always a solid favorite of mine when craving some hot pot. This is not the type of hot pot where you get raw ingredients and dip it in boiling broth, boiling point's style is where you get individual bowls with cooked ingredients already added in. A small flame is lit beneath the bowl so that your bowl is perpetually boiling (you can ask them to turn the flame off if it gets too hot), and you can always ask for more broth if your broth boils away!
      I got the beef at mild spicy and it was relatively spicy. I find that boiling point is always inconsistent with their spice levels no matter which location you go to, so expect your broth to be spicier than it says. That being said, this boiling point's mild spicy was a medium compared to other hot pot places like Tasty pot.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Arthur T.
      Arthur T.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Feb 28, 2024

Didn't realize there was a Boiling Point in the Bay Area. Only had BP when I was living in Seattle.

We ordered:
      #3 korean bean paste soup
      #6 milk cream curry without cream

I consistently order the curry hot pot. I thought the Seattle location was a bit better, but it was still good.

Green tea was on the sweeter side.

Staff is friendly. Comparing to Seattle BP locations, I would prefer Seattle, but when I have a craving for BP, this will do the trick!

Parking spots are tight, but shouldn't an issue to find in the large plaza.

Helpful 24
      Thanks 3
      Love this 23
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Natalie C.
      Natalie C.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Mar 17, 2024

A true throwback to our original hot pot craving college days with the same nostalgic taste we grew up loving! Where else can you get a huge portion of hot pot for $22 these days?

We loved the value at boiling point and the flavors really hit the spot on a cold night for dinner. We got the beef hot soup and the veggie soup with beef add on (great tip for those with seafood allergies but still want protein!). The upgrade to the scallion garlic rice was perfect and we appreciated their menu updates to include double meat and AYCE rice (although just one rice is enough for us!)

Service was fast with many water and broth refills in a lightning fast manner and the interior was very clean and spacious. Yes, the sauce bottles are sticky (only minor nit).

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Francis T.
      Francis T.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 7, 2024

I liked boiling point before but now I think it's worth reviewing with there changes.

Price wise before hand it definitely was a lil more pricy and there's usually a way depending when you go too.

They recently introduce DOUBLE MEAT and AYCE (Rice but limited to 3 ) Before the portions of meat were not that great and amount of crabs for those who needed it were low. Now I think it's actually quite filling.

THE SAUCES are what makes boiling different than other chain hot pot places it's actually p good. Careful with the spice though sometimes mild can be not that bad to holy shit that hurts.

Service is always great though. It's fast and they give broth refills too!

It's a nice and minimal place too. Plaza is always poppin too.

I recommend the Lamb, Beef, or specialities.

Meat
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Andrew N.
      Andrew N.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 19, 2024

This hot pot place has been popular ever since I was in middle school and I used to always come here. I was dissatisfied with my last visit because of how spicy it was even though I ordered mild. However this visit changed my mind.

Beef hot pot (5/5): I ordered this with no spicy and it was perfect. It comes with beef and other items. I thought there was a great amount of meat in here. The flavors were so flavorful and was perfect. This visit definitely redeemed itself.

I hope to come back again.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Samantha G.
      Feb 22, 2024
      3 check-ins

I love boiling point when I'm craving a quick hot pot bowl. Right now for the new year they have a double meat with a free drink (large size for lunch, regular size for dinner/weekend/holidays! So worth it. You have yo join their wait list in person. It's kind if hit or miss if you'll receive a text to tell you when you're ready to be seated, so just stay close by! Their menu is on a QR code hanging by the side of the table, but you might be able to ask for a physical one if you can't use those. The soup gets really hot fast and to turn it off you just have to get a server to do it for you.

I usually get mild at other places but mild here is way too spicy (for me). I have to order no spice and just add the chili oil myself. They give you a big scoop of rice too! My go to order is the beef soup, pretty simple but it has everything I need! Their sauces are really good too. I like to get a side of the bean curd paste and dip into it.

Their milk teas aren't bad either. But I found myself preferring the passionfruit green tea with my soup because it's refreshing. I didn't see many reviews on their fruit tea but this one is good, usually one of my my go-to fruit teas.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lorianne L.
      Apr 13, 2024
      Updated review

I was in the neighborhood and grabbed dinner at Boiling Point recently. Nothing changed my mind about my original 3-star review. The place was clean and the soup was fine. Service was non-existent and I had to grab a waiter to take my order and to get my bill. No one checked in with me to see if everything was to my liking or if I wanted my broth topped off.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Nov 12, 2017Previous review

43 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including Boiling Point

People Also Viewed

Boiling Point is a Yelp advertiser.