• 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sun

• 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    La Original Paleteria Y Neveria
    4.5 (330 reviews)

6.2 miles away from Corner Bakery Cafe

Gladys R. said"My boyfriend and I went this past weekend and can't wait to go back. The gentleman behind the counter was very patient and helped answer all of our questions. He even let us sample all the flavors we wanted. Please bring cash but…"read more

in Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Somisomi
    4.0 (1.4k reviews)

2.5 miles away from Corner Bakery Cafe

Amy D. said"The Ah-Boong is where it's at!! I came last year and am finally writing my review now, when SomiSomi is sadly temporarily closed due to Covid-19. There wasn't a line to order when I went around 1:30pm on a Saturday, but there was a…"read more

in Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt, Desserts

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Corner Bakery Cafe

Overall rating

215 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Sharon M.
      Sharon M.
      San Jose, CA
      Nov 22, 2023

just terrible i threw up

the food was cold and sloppy and the service was really slow and bad. i cried because im now sitting on the toilet, crapping my insides out

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kay O.
      Kay O.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Nov 17, 2023

I haven't been to the particular cornerstone bakery, although it's been here for years, but I'm glad my son and I walked in this particular day.
      The only cornerstone bakery I've ever been to was down in Apple Valley, maybe and Anaheim? I just remember we went to one when we went to Disneyland about 10 years ago! Lol that place was delicious! It reminded me of the old Baker Square on East side! Lol this particular cornerstone bakery was very cute and well kept. Everything was very organized and the ordering system was a little different/new to me. a dead post online they had gluten-free items, but I have a number of food allergies and with all my allergies. The only thing I could have really had was the gluten-free bread and veggies and only dairy/cheese if I took a pill since I am lactose intolerant. Lol needless to say, my son got the breath Panini, and he loved both of them! I sadly just got a cup of coffee but I like their set up and the five different coffee options they have! My son loved the Panini and the service was incredibly fast so that was helpful and he was starving.hee

I loved the coffee selection!! Hee
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Navdha V.
      Navdha V.
      Campbell, CA
      Sep 23, 2023

Don't come here.

Service: lady behind counter was disinterested in taking order or being speedy. She didn't make the chai latte correctly (without foam is what I said, but it was filled with foam) and not hot at all. Skip

Food: Muffins are cold and hard. Skip

Ambiance: eh. Service was too poor. Skip

Jose was the only nice guy there. He works with 1 arm and he had a smile on his face 8:15am Sat morning!! He is awesome.

Don't come here.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of M W.
      M W.
      Campbell, CA
      May 30, 2023
      Updated review

This location pretty much got me entirely through college serving as a quiet, enjoyable place to study and take exams. The staff is consistently accommodating and friendly, especially Victor & Eddie! :)
      I prefer the options for lunch over the breakfast menu - however they have many pastries to pick from. I'll be back for the quiet time & soup.

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup & Loaded Baked Potato Soup
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Dec 6, 2021Previous review
    • Photo of Nirenjan K.
      Nirenjan K.
      San Jose, CA
      Sep 15, 2023

The service is pathetic; they have a garden gate scrabble shows a big V in the menu with a addon for chicken below ; we ordered the veggie and the guy gives a chicken scrabble; when asked for a chance he refuses it initially saying we shd have ordered right ; he didn't ask us if it is chicken or not ; the menu clearly shows a big V ; very disrespectful and dismissive ; never coming back again ; happened today sep 15 at 11:50 am ; whoever was servicing at that time ( he refused to tell his name) needs serious customer service training

Menu showing garden gate scrambler default and a with chicken sausage add on
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jamie D.
      Jamie D.
      Seattle, WA
      Sep 29, 2023

I ordered catering for a work meeting through EZ cater from this location. I messed up on the order and selected "pickup" instead of "delivery" the next morning around 5AM I got a notification that my order was ready for pickup and I freaked out because the time I had selected was when I needed to be at work.

I called the store an hour before they opened and the ladies who were opening PICKED UP. I can't believe they took my call outside of store hours. They were overwhelmed with catering orders for that morning but got me my order in time for me to pick it up and make it to my job.

As for the delivery: I think the estimated portion sizes on EZ cater (at least for the breakfast order I made) are not proportional- they come out way bigger than the estimated headcount.

Thank you to the two ladies who were working very hard to get things done on the morning of September 27th. You both were a life savers.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Prasiddha H.
      Nov 22, 2022

The boy and I happened to stop by Corner Bakery to grab a quick lunch and we're glad that we stopped here! This place kind of reminds me of a Panera Bread type of place where you order and then sit down where they will bring the food. We ended up getting:

*pesto pasta - this came with chicken and a piece of garlic bread and is on the yummy creamy side. Highly recommend to try this out

* chciken panini/tomato soup - ours came with avocado, cheese and some other items but this was delicious we got the half and half item where our other item was tomato soup which was super yummy

Overall the food was yummy and we also had some leftovers we got to take home!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Rox R.
      Rox R.
      San Jose, CA
      Jan 7, 2023
      Updated review

Great service. They took good care of us when they hey were closed for a day. Thank oyu

Strawberry lemonade and Carmel macchiato
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Oct 5, 2022Previous review
      Jul 27, 2020Previous review
    • Photo of Andrew T.
      Andrew T.
      San Francisco, CA
      Aug 19, 2022

I was looking for a quick bite and found corner bakery. It is similar to panera but has pasta dishes on the menu. Parking is limited in front of this location but the seating is very comfortable. For 15 bucks I got the sandwich and cesar salad. The service was faster for people in the restaurant than take out order in person so order ahead. Overall good value for the meal compared to togos and other restaurant chains. Id go back again but dine in the restaurant. I still prefer Panera but its worth trying if youre in the area.

Helpful 4
      Thanks 0
      Love this 4
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Misael A.
      Misael A.
      San Francisco, CA
      Jun 13, 2023

Didn't even finish ordering!

Went in for breakfast, on a slow Tuesday. There's was two employees at the register, as we went up to order one of them goes to the back. In the middle of us placing our order, the other employee returns to the front and begins talking with the employee taking our order.

My wife and I thought it was quick note, however they continued on having a full conversation. We understand Spanish and he was cursing trying to give the other cash. For what, no one knows! Apparently what they had to discuss was much more important than attending to the customers that were right in front of them.

After about a minute of my wife and I standing there observing them looking right in their face. We understood how insignificant we were to the staff. Which brings to mind that if they're this careless with the customer, what happens in the kitchen....As they employees continued with their conversation we walked towards the door unbeknown to them that we had left.

Is the breakfast good? We couldn't tell you. How are the baked good? We couldn't tell you either! Here what we can say the service an attention to the customers is garbage for lack for a better word.

With all that it said, if you want to feel insignificant and like you don't matter this is the place for you.

Helpful 4
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

9 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
    4.0 (3.5k reviews)

2.4 miles away from Corner Bakery Cafe

Charmaine P. said"Came by around 10:50am, first off the server took like 5-8 mins to approach us to ask for our drinks, then after that he took our order, a lady approached us and gave us a complementary appetizer since its our first time, and asked…"read more

in Comfort Food, New American, Burgers

Calcutta Chaat & Bakery
    4.0 (169 reviews)

Chetan S. said"The place was deserted when we came in, the person at the ordering counter would have rather been anywhere else except where he was and doing anything else than what he was here for. But it was late weekend afternoon, so I guess,…"read more

in Bakeries, Indian

Collections Including Corner Bakery Cafe

People Also Viewed