Jack's Restaurant & Bar

Claimed
    $$ Breakfast & Brunch, American, Bars
    Open8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Verified by business owner 2 months ago

Updates From This Business

Come Check Us Out in San Jose
    Come Check Us Out in San Jose

Jack’s is an all-day, any-day kind of place. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner. A family-run business with a focus… read more

Menu

Popular dishes

Highlights from the Business

FAMILY_OWNED_OPERATED

Family-owned & operated

TAKES_RESERVATIONS

Takes reservations

FULL_BAR

Full bar

LARGE_GROUP_FRIENDLY

Large group friendly

HAPPY_HOUR_SPECIALS

Happy hour specials

KID_FRIENDLY

Kid friendly

People also searched for

Location & Hours

Map

Located in:

Westgate Center

1502 Saratoga Ave

San Jose, CA 95129

West San Jose

Mon

• 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

• 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Sat

• 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Sun

Open now

Upcoming Special Hours

Thu, Nov 28, 2024

• Closed

Tue, Dec 24, 2024

• 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wed, Dec 25, 2024

• Closed

Amenities and More

About the Business

We're here seven days a week. We want you to feel comfortable coming in any time. All of those days. For breakfast, lunch or dinner. We want to be the place you come to for an omelet and coffee before work, a cocktail and appetizers after, a quick bite for lunch or dinner, or a burger and a beer before or after the movie. We want to be the place for a dressed-up meal when you're trying to impress that special someone. And we want to be the place where you hold your business meetings or celebrate life's milestones -- birthdays, graduations, engagements and more.

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do they still have the Early Bird dinner specials? They used to be on the website menu, but they aren't anymore.

A:

Yes! Early Bird is still available. 4pm-6pm, daily.

Katerina M., Business Owner 
      1 month ago 1 person found this helpful
    • Q:

Do they still have the 2 x 2 x 2 combo for breakfast? It's not on the website menu.

A:

Yes, indeed they do! I was just there last Sunday, and I saw it on the menu!

Robin D. 
      4 months ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Jack's Restaurant & Bar

Overall rating

363 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Ronnie M.
      Ronnie M.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 14, 2024

First time at Jack's at Westgate and was delighted at openness and warm atmosphere. The food was delicious and ample. Celebration for neighbor's 87th birthday, we chatted, ate and laughed without the feeling of being rushed out of there. A memorable experience. Thank you. We'll be back

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Business owner information

Photo of Katerina M.

Katerina M.

Apr 14, 2024

Thanks, Ronnie! So happy to hear that your first visit was so memorable. Can’t wait to see you at Jack’s again!

• Photo of Michele M.
      Michele M.
      Cupertino, CA
      Apr 7, 2024

Great food; great service; staff is extremely conscientious. Excellent offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And the Pumpkin Bread Pudding is amazing!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Maddie L.
      Maddie L.
      San Jose, CA
      May 2, 2024

It was my first time coming to Jack's in Westgate last night for dinner and I had a fantastic experience!

For drinks, we ordered the pomegranate in a pear tree cocktails and they were great! Very refreshing and just the right amount of sweetness. For our entrees, I ordered the rigatoni di pollo and my friend ordered the sunset boulevard burger with garlic fries. Large portions! My pasta dish was delicious and I could only finish about half of it - I would definitely order this again. I love how the menu has a wide variety of options!

The service was top notch here! Our server, Ezequiel, was the sweetest ever and was so helpful. He was the highlight of our night! Another staff member also came by and asked us if we needed anything and even asked if I wanted bread to go with my pasta which was very generous.

Love the ambiance here too - very clean and modern! The staff really makes you feel welcomed.

I highly recommend Jack's and I'm already excited to come back!! I'm looking forward to trying their breakfast out too!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Brian D.
      Brian D.
      Campbell, CA
      Apr 23, 2024
      3 check-ins

I will return , often!
      The place is nice, the food is great!
      It's affordable and it's pretty nice inside as well.
      I had a French dip and shrimp Louis!
      Deeeeelicious! The horseradish was perfect even!' The burger was good , fries not cooked on old soggy grease!
      I took some photos!
      Thr menu is really great as you can add things to dishes and it's super easy to understand and apply extras!
      I'm going back real
      Soon!! For breakfast! Run ‍ here!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Photo of Katerina M.

Katerina M.

Apr 23, 2024

Great review! Thanks so much, Brian!

• Photo of Courtney B.
      Apr 6, 2024

I was very impressed with Jack's! Having expected a mix of BJs and Yard House, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the menu was as varied as either of those restaurants but the food itself much more flavorful - and the quality far better - than you'd expect.

The Cupertino location is new and clean. It's not the least bit overcrowded or too loud, so it's a great place for families. It could also host large parties very easily. The servers were very friendly. We had the pleasure of Ezequiel's service and he was helpful, extremely friendly and kind, and expedient.

I had the carbonara and it was delicious but fair warning - it does not come with peas like carbonara traditionally does. Still fantastic though. My boyfriend had a burger and enjoyed it, but the fries were the best part. I admit to stealing several from his plate.

We will certainly be back!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Lisa M.
      Lisa M.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 21, 2024
      Seated via Yelp Reservations
      2 check-ins

We had a pretty good meal, weren't wowed by it though, unfortunately. I got the grilled chicken sandwich and while the quality was good, it was missing something. More sauce? It was a bit bland. My companion's burger was the same.
      The French fries however, were outstanding. They were super hot (such a rarity these days). Probably one of the best places for fries that we've had lately.

GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH
      IMPOSSIBLE BURGER (VEGETARIAN)
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Ivy C.
      Ivy C.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 2, 2024
      Seated via Yelp Reservations

I don't know, yall. I expected more because of the Yelp reviews. But service was sooo slow despite a reservation, portions were all over the place, and nothing was really outstanding. Not bad, but not great.

It took 20 minutes to flag someone down for water and longer to get the high chair I requested with our reservation.

Crepes were the highlight here.
      Toast was $5 per slice. But it was regular store bought bread. What?!
      Hash browns were pretty good but not crispy
      Veggie omelette was yummy but the ratio of omelette to hash browns was pretty bad.
      Coffee is much better than at most other brunch places.

The server was really nice, but she could have told us our food already came with the sides we ordered on top.

All in all, it was $110 for 3 people with no alcohol. A bit much for average breakfast food.

Crepe
      Veggie GREEK SCRAMBLE
      Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Robert Y.
      Robert Y.
      Campbell, CA
      Mar 10, 2024

We had the frittata and house made corned beef and hash. I can vouch for both. The frittata was soft, tasty and cheesy. The house made corned beef was finely chopped unlike most that I have had which are shredded.

The hash browns were lightly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Overall, a very satisfying meal.

FARMERS MARKET FRITTATA
      CORNED BEEF HASH
      Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

Photo of Katerina M.

Katerina M.

Mar 10, 2024

Thanks for the satisfying review, Robert! Sounds like a great breakfast!

• Photo of Mateo V.
      Mateo V.
      San Marcos, CA
      Apr 16, 2024

Really good breakfast! Biscuits and gravy were rich and creamy gravy with a nice sausage flavor. Biscuits were soft and warm. The hashbrowns was probably one of the best hashbrowns I've had in a while - super crispy, top and bottom with well cooked potato in the inside. Also seasoned well. Overall, really good breakfast!

Outside
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Elena H.
      Elena H.
      Cupertino, CA
      Apr 29, 2024

Food was cold and appetizers were burnt!
      They should have seen that the coconut shrimp was burnt soup cold but someone doesn't care!!!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 2

26 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including Jack's Restaurant & Bar

People Also Viewed

Jack's Restaurant & Bar is a Yelp advertiser.