• 12:00 PM - 9:15 PM

Sun

• 12:00 PM - 9:15 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    La Original Paleteria Y Neveria
    4.5 (330 reviews)

5.9 miles away from Sulbing

jacob n. said"I heard about this place from a coworker of mine at Nike. She met a few workers from there that came in our store and suggested I try it. I took my niece who's going to be leaving for school soon and my nephew today and was amazed…"read more

in Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Pressed Juicery
    4.0 (81 reviews)

1.3 miles away from Sulbing

Rayna T. said"Took my boyfriend here for the first time. The lady up front was very patient and helpful. I first went with the cleanse but asked if it was safe to have while pregnant. She was already putting the stickers on the caps but, went to…"read more

in Health Markets, Acai Bowls, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Are there nondairy options?

A:

I was also looking for non-dairy options a few months ago. I don't recall too many because my wife and I shared something with milk in it.

Aaron C. 
      4 hours ago
    • Q:

It closes at 10, but when is last call?

A:

Last call is 9:15, they shut down the screen relatively quick!

Juliet T. 
      10 months ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Sulbing

Overall rating

469 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Linda K.
      Linda K.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 30, 2024

So happy to find bingsoo outside of Korea!
      Mango was sold out unfortunately so we got strawberry.
      Strawberry was a little sour at this time (April 2024)
      But I liked that it had a mochi on top and we also got mochi on the side.
      We also got iced americano (too burnt) and a cold brew (too watery) but we mixed the both and they were great!

You order from a machine and drop off empty plates at a rack.
      The space is huge and big enough to find corners to work :)
      Would definitely come back here again!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Rose L.
      Rose L.
      Berkeley, CA
      Apr 30, 2024
      1 check-in

Tried the Injeolmi with Red Bean and got the Deluxe Strawberry. Takeout is an extra $2 per order, assuming due to packaging (use thick silver packets to keep it insulated). The Injeolmi was okay, eat it slow because the fine powder can make you cough, the condensed milk did not add much for me but I liked the mochi.

Ordering can be confusing because there is an extensive menu and a smaller one. However, reference the shaved ice in the glass for reference and the menu on top of the cashier.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Ankita K.
      Ankita K.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Apr 19, 2024

I was craving for some Korean shaved ice cream and finally went to this place in Santa Clara. We ordered Strawberry Sulbing with cheese cake bites on side and we loved it. One portion is more than enough for 2 people. It is a bit on expensive side compared to Sul & bean but still i loved it. It was worth it.

I would give this place 3.5/5

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Diane T.
      Diane T.
      Milpitas, CA
      Apr 28, 2024

Yummy dessert place that's a must try if you're in Santa Clara! Be prepared to wait a few minutes for a table because it could get really crowded, I don't have must to say about the service since we ordered on a device and picked up the food by ourselves when the number was called. But our order was a bit complicated and everything was prepared well, so that's good! The feel of the place was similar to a crowded milk tea shop, very loud but a good vibe to chat with friends/acquaintances

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kalani S.
      Kalani S.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 18, 2024

This is a ok desert place.
      Here is my comment:

Here is my scoring card for this pastry place:

1) Location: ( 5 Point ) - Great location for customer to see and find. Great parking for street parking and back side with parking lot parking.

2) Decoration : (2 Point) - They still have the original decoration. Clean.

3) Price: ( 4 point)- The price is competitive but still a little bit pricey compare to other same stars and type deserts they serve

4) Quality and Taste : ( 3 point)- The quality is ok, food taste is good and portions are below average . ( must be inflation )

5) Type of desert standard : ( 4 point) - The style of desert they serve is pretty close to the way it was prepare in Korea. Not bad! But some dishes did have slightly modify to cater the customer's need

Overall it's not bad and I thinks it's great to give it a try and let me know what you think. Go foodies

Total max is 25

Score 18

Stars = 72% round up to 3 stars

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Anthony B.
      Mar 25, 2024
      1 check-in

Shaved snow like I never had it before. Cute plating, cute ambience and fast service. Sulbing is a great place to hang out with a group of friends.

The shaved ice here is super fluffy and soft. I can see why the place is so popular.

The Injeolmi flavored snow was surprisingly good! The powder and ice mixed together to form a sweet and earthy paste that paired really well with the red bean. However, the flavors were really subtle and I craved a bit more sweetness. Some condensed milk would have really elevated this to another level.

The tiramisu was pretty disappointing. Even though it was visually stunning, it never tasted like a great cohesive dish. The ice cream scoops were flavorless so it didn't add enough sweetness/creaminess to an otherwise bitter bowl of ice. The coco powder was bitter and so was the expresso shot you're supposed to pour on top. I think if they got better beans for the expresso and used a better quality ice cream this would have been really good.

I look forward to coming and trying their other flavors. Next time I'll need to add some more toppings to sweeten things up!

Tiramisu
      Injeolmi red bean
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Lisa N.
      Lisa N.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Mar 24, 2024

Came here on two separate occasions, and it was great both times!

First time was during Lunar New Year in February and shared the mango sulbing and injeolmi toast with 2 other people. Both were BOMB, but the highlight was definitely the toast. I've never really had anything like that before and was so pleasantly surprised by the perfect mix of salty and sweet.

The most recent time in early March was with my parents and we shared the green tea sulbing! A great balance of the matcha and not-too-sweet shaved ice.

Overall, what a great place to hang out and eat some desserts! The sulbings are definitely big enough to share amongst 2-3 people. It can get crowded, so definitely have a sharp eye and try the tables towards the back of the shop. It's all self-serve with very quick service. I can't wait to come back in the summer!

Service: 4/5
      Food: 5/5
      Atmosphere: 4/5

Helpful 3
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Sheila E.
      Apr 24, 2024

Mango Cheese Bingsoo was heaven in my mouth! It's pricy, the wait was long and the AC in there wasn't strong on a really hot day, and seats were hard to come by but was it with jt? YES! I'd come back

Mango Cheese Bingsoo
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of William T.
      William T.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 1, 2024

My friends and I stopped by on a rainy weekend after dinner and we were one of the first customers to beat the post-dinner rush.

Sulbing gets really busy quickly (after 6pm) and it can be quite difficult to find tables for your party so I'd recommend to come as early as you can if it's possible. Even though we came before the rush, a line was forming behind us very quickly and it took ~15 mins for us to get our order.

We ordered the mango cheese bingsoo - the cheese is more like cheesecake bites in case people think it sounds like a bizarre combination. I think the combination of cheesecake and mango works really well, and the scoop at the top is made of a light and refreshing yogurt flavor. The one thing I wish they did better was combine the condensed milk throughout the the bingsoo - most of the milk was at the bottom, which contributed to a super sweet ending and when you start to dig in, the bingsoo is a bit dry.

mango cheese bingsoo
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Christine C.
      Mar 30, 2024

We stopped by after dinner on a Saturday. Sul Bing was busy, but turnover was fast and we just waited ~5 mins to place our order at the machine, and another ~10 mins for our mango cheesecake shaved ice to be ready. I loved that they have little bowls for customers to use for sharing the good-sized shaved ice!

The mango cheesecake shaved ice was yummy! The ice was light; there were also cheese cake cubes, a yogurt scoop, mango cubes, and some syrup. It all worked well together; my only nitpick was that I wished the mango was sweeter and more ripe.

The space was bright with a decent sized space and a good # of tables, spaced apart appropriately. The four of us shared one shaved ice, enjoyed the time hanging out and the dessert. All in all, a wonderful experience!

Mango cheesecake bingsu
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

5 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Dairy Queen
    3.5 (189 reviews)

5.1 miles away from Sulbing

Theresa D. said"Took the plunge and wanted to try a blizzard to do the flip test (it's the real deal, not just commercial magic). I had the girl scout thin mint blizzard in size small, and it was so good. I probably could've gotten a mini bc when I…"read more

in Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Thai Chili Cuisine
    3.5 (667 reviews)

1.0 miles away from Sulbing

L K. said"I would give this place 4.5 stars but like them enough to post 5. Went there for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Their service to me is what stands out. They are friendly from the time you walk in to the time you leave.…"read more

in Seafood, Soup, Thai

Collections Including Sulbing

People Also Viewed