• 11:00 AM - 9:30 PM

Sun

• 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM

Other Vegan Nearby

Sponsored
    Veggie Grill by Next Level
    4.0 (676 reviews)

2.6 miles away from La Pizzeria Cupertino

Our sandwiches, salads, wraps and bowls are 100% plant-based goodness--good for the environment and good for you--served up with love in warm and friendly stores that say everything about the Next Level commitment to doing what's…read more

in Vegan

Loving Hut - Milpitas
    4.0 (1.1k reviews)

Dianne M. said"I love this place, my 2nd vegetarian restaurant in my life and this is better than the first. My first was in SF, and that wasn't impressive and expensive. The pricing here is pretty decent although the quantity for each dish is a…"read more

in Asian Fusion, Vegan, Vegetarian

Amenities and More

About the Business

Family owned and operated. Real Italian Food: Appetizers, Pasta, Salads, Seafood, Entrees, Pizzas, and Desserts. Great selection of wines. Full bar and specialty cocktails. Wide vegan menu.…

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is it dog friendly?

A:

They have outdoor seating so I would think you'd be fine bringing a dog as long as you choose outdoor seating.

Mandy A. 
      8 months ago
    • Q:

When are they open?

A:

Sunday 11:30am - 9:00pm Monday 5:00pm - 8:30pm Tuesday closed Wednesday 11:30am-2pm; 5pm-8:30pm… more

Luciano S., Business Owner 
      2 years ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of La Pizzeria Cupertino

Overall rating

184 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Antonella M.
      Antonella M.
      San Francisco, CA
      Mar 22, 2024

this is a real Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria. You can taste every single ingredient in every dish, which means everything is super fresh. My favorite dish is Pappardelle with wild boar and since I'll be eating there several times I was able to try other dish and I was never disappointed.
      The stuff is great, the owner Simone is very attentive making sure everything go smoothly so that the customer are happy. Salvatore is a great waiter and makes you feel in Italy.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Paget N.
      Paget N.
      Berkeley, CA
      Nov 22, 2023

Excellent food. Delicious burrata salad. The Milanese pizza was perfect. Nice crust. Super flavorful tomato sauce (essential for a good pizza!). My mother enjoyed a good cup of coffee.

Highly recommend.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Chris W.
      Chris W.
      San Francisco, CA
      Mar 30, 2024

Good service but one of the worst chicken salads I've had - the chicken itself was so dry and overcooked that some edge pieces tasted like leather, not even jerky - just burnt. They had an unfortunate series of fire alarms go off during our lunch service so I felt bad saying anything and having to send it back, so I chugged water to moisten the chicken. Service was great though - they apologized for the blazing alarms and accommodated our request to move outside.

My colleagues got their pastas and really liked their dishes, so maybe try those. Appetizers and desserts were fairly good as well, just don't get chicken on your salad.

Lunch special - chicken Caesar salad
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Rona B.
      Rona B.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 18, 2024

Immediately no.

Nice ambience and good location but this is definitely one of the worst Italian restaurants I have tried.

Service was below average, food took about an hour to get to my table after ordering, and our server never checked on us that whole time.

Frito misto to start was very okay at best. Many of the calamari pieces were hard/overcooked, and also pretty salty. Margherita pizza is a hard pass! It is literally just cheese pizza with chopped basil and most definitely not a Margherita. Lobster ravioli was an opportunity for redemption but half of the dish was literally cold. Some pieces were hot/warm but overall I could not get past how it was not fresh and hot when served.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Naomi F.
      Naomi F.
      Albany, CA
      Feb 18, 2024
      Seated via Yelp Reservations

We were in the area so we decided to try La Pizzeria Cupertino, because of the great reviews on yelp. We came in towards the end of the night. There was only one other table at the time. Another two top was in front of us as we entered,and they were seated in the middle of the restaurant. We were a two top as well and we were seated right next to them. The restaurant is big so the fact that we were right next to each other is very odd.

The table next to us ordered appetizers, salads, entrées... The amount of service that table got compared to me and my daughter, who shared a salad and shared a pizza was a giant contrast. The food was fine. Nothing extraordinary. But we were not asked if everything was OK. We were not asked if they could get us anything else. But the table next to us they were pushing wine and lots and lots of conversation. It didn't appear that they knew each other so that wasn't the case. It's just obvious that they were going to spend money and we were looking more for a quick bite.

I just wish the service was a little bit more friendly and we were not seated right next to each other. The unfriendly atmosphere does not make me want to return.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Snehal P.
      Snehal P.
      San Francisco Bay Area, CA
      Feb 14, 2024

I was so excited about this place. I tried it twice.
      The service was slow both times, they seem to be short staffed as the owner/manager was filling in the gaps left by servers both times. He is very nice by the way.
      The pizzas are good but unfortunately both times the crust got soggy in the middle by the time the pizzas got to the table. They were warm but still got soggy in the middle. I think the plate that they serve needs to change maybe. I was really looking forward to eat good Neapolitan style pizza so 2 less stars for pizza.
      We tried lemon pasta and penne salsiccia. Pastas are good I will definitely reconsider ordering pasta.

Star of this restaurant for me was their soups. Simple, fantastic and served piping hot. Really good soups.
      Next time I will not order pizza but soup with garlic bread.

Garlic bread
      Vegetable soup
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Carol L.
      Carol L.
      San Jose, CA
      Dec 20, 2023

Delicious Italian food in the South Bay Cupertino area. It is located in a popular plaza, and ambiance is a more casual setting.

I dined here with a group of friends and based on what we ordered:
      - I got the Mediterranean salad with chicken add on: this was absolutely delicious. Chicken was well-seasoned and not dry, and I love a goat cheese and beet pairing.
      - My friends got a variety of pastas and pizzas. The lemon-based pasta is delicious! The pizzas were smaller than I thought though, it would be basically 4 large slices or 6 small slices depending how you'd cut it.

Overall, I do like this place but the prices are a little higher than your average Italian/Pizza restaurant. I understand this could be due to inflation/post-COVID markets, but just keep that in mind!

Mediterranean salad with chicken
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Connie W.
      Connie W.
      Daly City, CA
      Apr 7, 2024

Food was great. The seafood pasta was not on the menu but recommended by the manager. It turned out to be the highlight of the dinner.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Alvin W.
      Alvin W.
      Seattle, WA
      Aug 22, 2023

The pasta is delicious, but the desserts are the highlight. If you do go, *definitely get the tiramisu! The food is 5/5.

With that said, I noticed later that the tip was revised upwards by $10, when checking my bank's bill against my hard copy of the receipt. I've double and triple checked that my own copy disagrees with my bank statement; this needed the bank's intervention to resolve. (This accounts for the deduction in rating). Maybe it was an honest mistake though, if no one else notes this.

Here's what I ordered:

* Tiramisu: A massive rectangular slice of tiramisu. Not overly sweet, and lots of mascarpone (my favorite part). It comes with some strawberries and powdered sugar on the side. Definitely scoop that up with tiramisu for a juicy bite. Coming from a tiramisu-lover, this is one of my favorites for sure.

* Penne Salsiccia: The sausages in this delicious are pretty special. Not the tiny sprinkles you find in most pastas. These are large juicy chunks. Lots of random other ingredients too: spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese etc. Definitely a worthwhile dish. Not the largest dish there is, but the plate is yummy.

Overall, would recommend the food at La Pizzeria -- especially the tiramisu! The tip revision makes me hesitant to go back, but again, maybe an honest mistake.

Tiramisu
      Pasta Salsiccia
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Anne P.
      Anne P.
      Hayward, CA
      Jun 26, 2023

Went on a Sunday night at 6:30pm and there was no wait. Parking was easy. They have plenty of seating inside and outside. The inside kind of reminds me of a sports bar. Service was very European but attentive.

Got the fried zucchini flowers appetizer and it was delicious. Came with an anchovy sauce which might not be for everyone but I loved!

The lasagna was really good! I love that they bake it again in its own dish so there was the lasagna crust all around! I don't like the places that just cut the lasagna out of the bigger tray and serve it cause you don't get the crispy lasagna crust. I'd say the lasagna here is a must get.

Also was adventurous and tried the wild boar pasta. It was well done but just not my preference since I don't really like gamey meat.

The panna cotta and pistachio cake was absolutely delicious!

I feel like this place is a hidden gem. The food is really good.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 2

12 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Other Vegan Nearby

Sponsored
    Veg N Chaat Cuisine
    4.0 (651 reviews)

Scott F. said"One of the best vegetarian Indian restaurants I have been to. The food is delicious. It is very clean, has friendly service, and is family friendly. The menu has great descriptions and all items are clearly marked whether they are…"read more

in Indian, Vegetarian, Vegan

Chaat Bhavan - Fremont
    4.0 (1.7k reviews)

Energized by a passion for serving and a love of Indian cuisine, Chaat Bhavan - Fremont is more than a restaurant -- it's a way of life. Specializing in northern and southern Indian delicacies, we have over 70 dishes on our menu…read more

in Vegetarian, Indian, Vegan

Collections Including La Pizzeria Cupertino

People Also Viewed