Business Logo

Coup De Thai

Claimed
    $$ Thai
    Closed11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Updates From This Business

We are open for take out!
    We are open for take out!

FREE DELIVERY for ONLINE ORDERS within 5 miles / ​a minimum of $50.… read more

Menu

Popular dishes

Highlights from the Business

PET_FRIENDLY

Pet friendly

HAPPY_HOUR_SPECIALS

Happy hour specials

FAMILY_OWNED_OPERATED

Family-owned & operated

ROMANTIC_VIBE

Romantic vibe

VEGETARIAN_FRIENDLY

Vegetarian friendly

People also searched for

Location & Hours

Mon

• 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM

• 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

• 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Sat

• 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

• 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Closed now

Sun

• 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Amenities and More

About the Business

Dining at Coup de Thai is a true revolution of your senses. Fireworks light up your mouth from our traditional menu that puts the true "Thai" back in command of Thai food. Bond with friends and family in the camaraderie of a shared meal. Our renowned sommelier has selected the perfect wines and sakes to accompany our Thai cuisine. So choose your utensils and begin the flavor takeover!…

Ask the Community

• Q:

Are lunch specials available on weekends or just on weekdays?

A:

No answers yet. Answer this question
    • Q:

Do they have outdoor dining now?

A:

Yes, they still have their parklet.

Stormy M. 
      1 year ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Coup De Thai

Overall rating

657 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Jie Y.
      Jie Y.
      CA, CA
      Mar 22, 2024

Nice food and environment.
      Tully is always providing awesome service, appreciate her.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jacob V.
      Jacob V.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 26, 2024

Food was great as always. Experience with staff to seat us was always accommodating and they communicated very well. The owner is hands on at the tables and kitchen which is great to add his white glove touch - always making sure things are moving; it's appreciated.

We love the forbidden berry drink (you have to ask for alcohol in it now; default is non-alcholoic for the kids - very thoughtful and cya).

Overall we are back on track Jack. Will come again.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Julia W.
      Julia W.
      Westwood, Los Angeles, CA
      Apr 7, 2024

I spent two years in the Peace Corps in Thailand, and Coup De Thai is one of my favorite Thai restaurants in the bay. We order from there almost once a week. I personally love the revolution fried rice. The sesame chicken, pad Thai and dragon balls are great too! The people there are so nice, friendly and accommodating. They always great you with a smile.

Nam is one of our favorite servers, but everyone is great here!

Revolution rice with pork
      Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Anna S.
      Anna S.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 27, 2024

Elevated casual Thai cuisine with good drink options!
      It's not too spacious in there, so wouldn't recommend for large groups, though I am sure they can make it work.
      Service is great, food is good, and the menu has gluten friendly options.

TOM YUM KUNG SOUP is on my top 3 for tom yums. It tastes like what I would imagine to be authentic and well-balanced.
      CHICKS ON A STICK is great for sharing - and don't forget to eat the delish pineapple!
      ENDLESS SUMMER ROLLS are refreshing, perfect for sharing between two people.
      Per my fellow diners, the PANANG LAMB curry was good, but there couldve been more curry sauce in volume. It could be due to the presentation with a shallow dish, but still slightly seemingly lacking.
      The JUST SCALLOPS was tasty as well, but not something I would crave.
      PAD THAI was fine, but not a top fav.

I appreciate the various proteins offered, great quality dishes, well cooked, and just overall solid!

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cindy N.
      Cindy N.
      San Jose, CA
      May 8, 2024

The food was really good and also the cocktails! My fav was their pad Thai and sesame chicken. But the service was really slow, even tho it was a weekday evening and the restaurant wasn't busy. That was really disappointing. Other than that, the food was amazing.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Beverly L.
      Beverly L.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Apr 22, 2024

We had the pleasure of dining at Coup De Thai on Friday for lunch. The menu is a bit different than what you expect at a Thai food restaurant. We ordered the following: Chicks on a Stick, Garlic Noodles (photo below), Mieng Kum (photo below), and the Wasabi Salmon Roll followed by Mango with sticky rice for dessert. All tasty! The service was great! we sat outside in the sunshine and it was just perfect. I highly recommend trying Coup De Thai next time you are in Los Gatos

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Izzie L.
      Izzie L.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Jan 11, 2024

Coup De Thai is such a quaint place in Los Gatos! Very tasty Thai dishes, great flavor, and amazing service. We ordered one appetizer, one plate to share, and an entree and it was a good portion size to share between two people.

FOOD [4/5]
      ----------------
      + Chicks on a Stick [4/5]
      So tender! I really liked the pineapple and the sauces that came with this appetizer. I think it was pretty worth it for the price -- these filled me up!

+ Panang Lamb [4.5/5]
      The presentation of this dish was amazing. The curry was flavorful and tasted great with their jasmine rice. I think the lamb was a little overcooked and less seasoned than I would've preferred.

+ Steak Lettuce Wrap [4.5/5]
      Very delicious! I wish more pieces of lettuce were provided. I enjoyed the variety of items (carrots, cucumber, steak, sauce, lettuce). I thought the sauce was very fragrant and tasty. The steak was very tender, but I wish it was a little more juicy and more seasoned.

+ Dessert Wine [3.5/5]
      One of the ports had coagulated pieces of "something" that I only discovered after I had finished-- it made the drink a little unappetizing. But the flavor and sweetness was amazing!

SERVICE [5/5]
      -------------------
      Very friendly and attentive service throughout the whole night. We didn't have a reservation, but they seated us almost immediately. Our water was refilled very consistently!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Athonia C.
      Athonia C.
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Jan 29, 2024

When asked at a restaurant what spiciness level one would like on a scale of 1 to 10 we say 666!

Dragon Balls can be ordered hot like that. This review may help you decide if its too spicy for you:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/los-gatos-restaurants-spicy-dragon-balls-trigger-lawsuit/

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Hanna T.
      Hanna T.
      San Jose, CA
      Jan 13, 2024

Service is great. Rain is very sweet and attentive with our tableware.

Chicken Satay (3/5): Came with a pre sliced open pineapple. Chicken was good, well seasoned, and not dry but the highlight was the pineapple, super sweet. The side of cucumber was really good and the dish was super "fresh", solid but I would pass on this.

Pad Thai (2.5/5): Had a stinky aftertaste, very subtle but I noticed it. But the mix-ins and the flavor stuck on the noodles well. Satisfying to eat, but I'd choose another noodle dish.

Yellow Curry: Very good, 5/5. Chicken and carrots and curry taste were delicious. It really helped with the dry rice too. Flavor was nice balance of traditional curry, leaning towards a more subtle Asian taste. Huge fan!

Chicken Cashew: Another 5/5! Super good and the chicken was juicy and very flavorful. It was also caramelized nicely and wasn't salty at all even tho it looked like it would be.

Tofu Spring Roll w/ Peanut Sauce (5/5): Came with all the lunch specials plus a side salad which was just a few strands of coleslaw. Very itty bitty, but the sauce was very good. Easy to eat.

Chicken Satay
      Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Stuti V.
      Stuti V.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 26, 2024

I came here last week to celebrate my birthday with family. We had a great time! Our server Tully was super sweet and checked in on us frequently to make sure we were enjoying the food. She even offered to take a ton of pictures of us since she knew it was my birthday. She even brought me a glass of champagne and fried banana dessert on the house at the end, which was such a sweet surprise!

Food was amazing. One of my family members is vegetarian and all the dishes were very accommodating and tasty! The veg pastry and dragon balls were especially good from the apps. Among the main dishes, we loved the Pad Grr Pow - it had a good amount of heat and a nice chili garlic flavor.

We ordered a bunch of cocktails - I personally loved the Butterfly Effect cuz it wasn't too strong but had a nice and subtle floral taste, and it also looked super pretty.

Overall, if you're looking for a restaurant with good service and food, I'd highly recommend this place!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

42 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Collections Including Coup De Thai

People Also Viewed

Coup De Thai is a Yelp advertiser.