• 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Sun

• Closed

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Halal gyro express
    4.0 (166 reviews)

6.2 miles away from Bon Mot

Alisher K. said"This is my top choice for any occasion. I like to take stuff to go on my way home. Whats funny is that they have another location down the road with the same menu, staff and supposedly ingredients too. However i try to stay away…"read more

in Kebab, Mediterranean, Halal

Gyro King
    3.5 (626 reviews)

Kfir L. said"I tried this place because I needed a new place for lunch. Their was a huge line out the door so I thought if that many people are going it must be good right? Well the logic might have been decent but I failed to realize their was…"read more

in Turkish, Mediterranean, Greek

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

What is the pairing beverage on tasting menu, is it alcoholic?

A:

Yes it was wine and different varietals that paired perfectly with the food

Stanley Y. 
      9 months ago 1 person found this helpful
    • Q:

Is there minimum number of people in the party to do the tasting menu?

A:

Yes, entire table participation is required!

Dominic L., Business Owner 
      1 year ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Bon Mot

Overall rating

223 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Christine C.
      Apr 21, 2024

Stylish new Korean fusion spot on Main Street in Cupertino. The environment was chill and it was easy to find parking spots in the lot behind the restaurant.

We enjoyed all the food and drinks we ordered!
      - My favs included the grilled octopus (nice and charred!) and the bossam.
      - The hubby and his sister both loved the tteokbokki. It was nice and cheesy, with the right amount of spice.

Recommended!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Tom V.
      Tom V.
      San Jose, CA
      Apr 24, 2024

Came here because of the rating and the food pictures. We really want to like this place because we do need more places like this in the South Bay.

What we saw :
      Nice modern contemporary bars
      Great cocktails
      Attentive services

But the food was disappointing, they said they stopped serving the foods shown in Yelp.. so instead what they offer are under average Asian/Korean fusion food.

I hope they can bring back the original tasting menu.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Peter T.
      Peter T.
      San Diego, CA
      Apr 10, 2024

Everyone here was in their 30's, zero families around. Just friend groups and dates. The vibe here is exclusive. Dark decor, ultra posh service. Wife and I are from San Diego and we have toddlers, we don't come to places like this anymore. At one point I was using the huge fork for the appetizer and our friend was like, "Peter, that's the entree fork." I'm just a dumb dad with a stupid look on my face.

The cocktails here are strong but PRICY. $20 for 2.5oz of Chardonnay is a bit silly imo. I got a tequila soda to follow that up and that was well worth the money. While service is excellent food here is strong but leans to the more average side. This sits between Lazy Dog and Alexander's.

While items are crafted with precise execution they're a touch short on flavor. I wanted some chicken wings and these were comparable to Orange Chicken at Panda Express, though less sweet and flavorful. We did get some crispy broccolini green bean thing that was remarkable, but the proteins were kinda weak.

Overall I'd recommend this spot for a couple apps, a couple drinks, then some somi somi for dessert. Truly cool spot.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Allie G.
      Allie G.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 7, 2024
      2 check-ins

I expected to love Bon Mot, but it really fell short for me. We visited on a Wednesday evening and were seated immediately with no reservation. The interior was dimly lit, with modern decor, and a nice ambiance. We were seated in a comfortable booth, towards the back of the restaurant. For drinks, my friend and I both chose the Strawberry Lychee Milk Fizz mocktail. This was honestly the best part of our experience - so delicious and unique!

For food, we ordered a bunch of small plates to share. The Endive Salad was okay, but nothing special, and the shallot mustard vinaigrette was too subtle to really taste. The Crispy Chicken Wings were really disappointing. They were bone-in and breaded, but the soy garlic sauce came on the side, in a shallow dish. It was hard to get much of the sauce on the wings, so they ended up being kind of dry and flavorless. The Burrata Cheese itself was tasty but the "house xo" was very strange. It had a bit of a fishy/shrimp-like taste to it, which did not pair well with the burrata. The only item we liked was the K.F.C. Korean Fried Cauliflower. The portion size was good for sharing and the sweet chili glaze was tasty. Overall though, the appetizers were a let down.

Service was reasonably quick and our server Barsha was very sweet and friendly. Since Bon Mot's menu changes regularly, I would probably return in the future, but this visit just wasn't the best.

Helpful 7
      Thanks 2
      Love this 4
      Oh no 3
    • Photo of Angel H.
      Angel H.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Mar 27, 2024

Small restaurant unfortunately positioned w the entrance kind of hard to find and the harsh sun from the west during dinner time makes a significant portion of their seating area hard to dine in. When we walked in, there was a couple that had to physically block their faces w their arms from the sun in their eyes bc we had opened the front door lol, so inconvenient! They ended up moving tables.

This place is a cool concept but service is really stressed and slow, and of course it was so overpriced (but that's typical of Cupertino these days). Wait staff was very kind and attentive, but the energy in the restaurant was so busy and tired that you could feel it in the atmosphere while the food and drinks were mediocre.

The valuation of entrées was quite off. The grilled pork ribs ($34) was a gigantic plate (took half of it in to-go box) and quite delicious while the ribeye steak ($48) was comparatively small at 8oz and definitely overcooked without much flavor. This place is much better at their pork than they are their beef; not surprising for Korean fusion.

Cocktails and highballs were $16-19 per drink. Some of the descriptions looked interesting, but all tasted very weak.

It's a cute spot and we wanted to like it to support stand-alone businesses (vs. the larger chains in the plaza) but won't return as it's not worth the $.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Brenda L.
      Brenda L.
      San Francisco Bay Area, CA
      Feb 12, 2024

LOVED the food here, perfect for special occasions or fancy night out! From start to finish, I thought most of the dishes we tried were delicious. I loved how unique their dishes were - also cool that they have a rotating menu too!

We initially came for their tasting menu but were disappointed to find that they weren't offering it the night that we visited. So, we opted for a few plates to share!

My highlights were the KFC (Korean Fried Cauliflower), Strawberry Lychee Milk Fizz, and Rose Tteokbokki. The KFC was SOOo addicting; a perfect balance and the savory flavors of the chili glaze were amazing. Apart from that, the Rose Tteokbokki was a close second in terms of favorites. Definitely would've appreciated a larger serving, but the rose flavor was fragrant and it was at the perfect spice level. Definitely would recommend the milk fizz for a non-alcoholic drink too! Super refreshing.

Service was okay and we had minimal interaction with our server. Food came out at a decent time though and we were happy with our meal overall!

Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 4
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Iris Z.
      Iris Z.
      San Jose, CA
      Feb 14, 2024

Good food with good company!

I made a reservation for 7 people 2 days before the planned date and Bon Mot was able to accommodate a big group for us which was nice since it was a more last-minute reservation. The restaurant is next to a hotel in the Cupertino Plaza which I did not expect.

The inside was dimly lit with a more intimate ambiance. It was quite small on the inside so it reminded me of a local bar than a restaurant. We all started with drinks and I ordered the Lychee de leche. It was good to drink and had that nice lychee flavor. My group and I decided to ordered tapa to share and our individual entrees. For tapas we did: brussel sprouts, smoked salmon tartar, mentaiko fritters, and the rose tteokbokki. My favorite tapas had to be the brussel sprouts and the rose tteokbokki. The brussel sprouts were so crispy and savory but it also had a sweet sauce to it which I enjoyed. The rose tteokbokki was great and it reminded me a lot of the other rose tteokbokkis I tried prior; the only thing with the rose tteokbokki was that it had A LOT of cheese like the bowl was basically half rose sauce & half cheese.

For the entree, I ordered the bossam. It came with mini lettuce wraps and 3 assortments of sauces: samjang, a salty/fishy sauce, and what seemed to be pickled radishes (I would say radish kimchi but it did not seem fermented enough LOL). The bossam was super tender and the pork was super high in quality. All the sauces paired super well with it and I loved making my own lettuce wraps; I wish they did give me more lettuce because I ended up having two slices leftover and I felt it was too fatty to eat on its own. It also didn't taste like traditional bossam I had before but the quality of the meat made it worth it.

I did wish the service was better. Our tapas came out relatively together but they did forget our rose tteokbokki. Also, it took 30+ minutes for our entrees to come out. Overall, this place is pretty pricey for food but it's a nice spot to try Asian-fusion dishes when you're on a date or just want to try something new in this plaza.

Helpful 3
      Thanks 0
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Chris H.
      Chris H.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Feb 18, 2024
      1 check-in

Came here for a Valentine's Day dinner so the menu was a special pre-fixe one. For starters we had the Caviar with a butternut squash custard and it was made with a delectable dashi. The custard was so delicate and of course it paired well with the beluga caviar. This was paired with the second course which consisted of baby beets, seaweed cream cheese, goose berries, all on top of a persimmon marmalade. This provided a nice palette cleanser to the more briny taste of the previous dish. The next two dishes were probably my favorite: a Dungeness crab salad nestled with crunchy apple and celtuce and a smoked scallop that was lightly seared as well and sitting in delicious abalone liver sauce that made you want to lick everything off the plate!

The main dish was a perfectly cooked beef short rib that I'm pretty sure was cooked via sous vide which was accompanied with an addictive truffle cream, lettuce for wrapping, rice, and house made kimchi. Dessert was a pear sorbet with strawberry matcha cake! We were all super pleased with the meal and it was surprisingly filling. Looking to come back for another special occasion to try their regular menu!

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Ankita K.
      Ankita K.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Mar 3, 2024

My husband took me to this place for my birthday dinner and i must say this place is amazing. We ordered

- Far East fashioned (5/5)
      - lychee de leche. (5/5)
      - Korean Fried Cauliflower (5/5)
      - Grilled Pork ribs (4.5/5) ( I wish there were more sauce option in this other than the bbq one)

The taste of all the dishes and drink was amazing. Overall, from ambience to taste to service everything was perfect. Cant wait to visit this place again try the other dishes too. The portion size and price are pretty decent too.

Overall, i will give this place 4.5/5

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Sophia W.
      Sophia W.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Feb 27, 2024

We were excited to try this place out. It's pretty busy on a Tuesday night. We started out with non alcoholic strawberry fuzz and he got the coconut old fashion. Both were delicious.

Got the tteokbokki and KFC (cauliflower). Both were fantastic and the highlight of our meal. Wagyu was OK. Warm and chewy. Shrimp curry was good, not what we expected but we liked they kept the shrimp heads on. The basque cheesecake was not good. Flat, small and didn't really taste that burnt exterior we thought it was suppose to have... not the typical basque cheesecake. The pear yuzu sorbet was alright. Not sure if we will return but the appetizers were good.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

8 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Athena Grill
    4.0 (1.8k reviews)

4.7 miles away from Bon Mot

Prachi S. said"My husband treated me to dinner at this place, last Friday. And I was not sure what to expect, considering its in the middle of an office area. I even told him that we would take food to go if it were empty. But, to my pleasant…"read more

in Mediterranean

GAO’s Kabob & Crab
    4.0 (163 reviews)

Melanie L. said"Gao's is one of the few late-night spots in the East Bay that stay open until 2am every day. They're located in a plaza with plenty of parking in the lot. The restaurant front looks pretty unassuming and dark, but once you walk in…"read more

in Beer Bar, Kebab, Seafood

Collections Including Bon Mot

People Also Viewed