• 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Sun

• 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM

• 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Pho Saigon Noodle House
    3.5 (804 reviews)

Ally B. said"So I was there last night and after I finished my food I go up to pay and tell the lady I'm paying for table #99, she tells me it's $99. Knowing it's a joke I smile and hand her my cash, but her expression doesn't change and she…"read more

in Asian Fusion, Chinese, Vietnamese

Athena Grill
    4.0 (1.8k reviews)

4.7 miles away from Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Prachi S. said"My husband treated me to dinner at this place, last Friday. And I was not sure what to expect, considering its in the middle of an office area. I even told him that we would take food to go if it were empty. But, to my pleasant…"read more

in Mediterranean

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do they do cart service for dim sum?

A:

No cart service.

Cherylynn N. 
      6 months ago
    • Q:

Do u offer dim sum at night?

A:

Hi Ben! Thank you for your question, we do offer dim sum, feel free to visit https://www.koipalacecontempo.com/menu to see our full dinner menu. For any question or reservations please call us at 408-849-8888

Ella C., Business Manager 
      7 months ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Overall rating

442 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Chris C.
      Chris C.
      San Jose, CA
      Oct 21, 2023

Most dishes were good and we appreciate the elevated style of dim sum dishes; it's just a bit pricey.

We came on a Sunday around 11am without reservations and had no wait. The menu is nicely designed and the pictures + well-organized labeling helped! Once you select what you want, the waiter takes your menu and gives back a receipt so you can double check the items. As the food comes, they mark the receipt to track what has been delivered.

Quick comments on the items we got:
      - Pan seared dumplings - a nice middle ground between Dumpling Home buns and a xiao long bao, so it's not too bread-y and not too thin.
      - Fried daikon - haven't had anything like it before, it's good but a bit rich so best to share so you just eat one.
      - Shu mai - a decent standard shu mai dish.
      - Pea shoots - good! nothing to complain about.
      - Swan taro pastries - interesting design with a savory inside.
      - Wagyu dumplings - high meat to wrap ratio, was good!
      - Unagi lotus rice - if you like unagi you'll like this, but after trying this I think I prefer a chicken lotus rice dish. Cool concept though!
      - Truffle fried rice - you can see the truffle flakes but I didn't really taste it. It's a decent fried rice otherwise, perhaps overpriced, so we were disappointed.
      - Egg tarts - light and not too sweet, and nicely crispy.

Tea was $2/person and was good quality; we got chrysanthemum.

Service was good though perhaps not proactive; but when I looked around for a waiter and motioned for help, they came quickly.

Small thing but I appreciate how the take-out boxes were not flimsy. They're cardboard stadium-shaped (rectangular) containers with secure plastic lids. Nice touch with a logo-ed sturdy paper bag too.

Not exactly a budget dining place, but we'd come back if we're craving dim sum!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Amy G.
      Amy G.
      San Jose, CA
      Oct 17, 2023

Not good. I came here with friends (party of 4) on a Friday during lunch hours. The restaurant was 1/5 full at most yet it took us a good 2-3 mins to flag down a server to sit us. Once seated, we were given a paper menu and a pencil to mark what we want to order. However, it took us 10 more minutes to flag down a waitress to take our order. Then minutes later, the waitress realized that she didn't put our order into the computer system for the back of the house to start cooking, so we wasted even more time due to the incompetence. We actually ended up getting the food way later than other customers that arrived after us.

The 4 of us each ordered a lunch meal set which comes with the main dish, soup, and small appetizers. One of the waitresses suggested that we share one soup pot instead of serving us 4 soup pots, and said that we could always order for soup refill if we wanted to. Given how slow their service is, we immediately said we wanted our own soups. Yeah, no thanks.

Lastly, the food itself tasted mediocre at best. I ordered the baked pork chop rice that tasted quite bland. The only redeeming factor is at least they didn't charge the "mandatory service fee" of 18% like other Koi Palace establishments, but my friends and I all agreed that we wouldn't come back to this place.

Helpful 4
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Courtney T.
      Oct 9, 2023

I came here to eat for my birthday for dinner, and enjoyed the food and the ambiance. However, I wish that they kept the same menu for lunch & dinner.
      On their dinner menu, they have a lot of dim sum items anyways, but they took off some popular items like the unagi sticky rice, and scallion pancake. They still have other options like har gow, xlb, etc.
      I think this place could use some improvement on their drinks and dessert selection.
      They should add cocktails, boba and better desserts to their menu to bring in more customers, kind of like palette tea house in SF.
      The reason why I am giving this place 3 stars, is because if the service. The workers aren't friendly, and that doesn't sit right with me if its a higher end restaurant.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Nikki L.
      Nikki L.
      Manhattan, NY
      Jan 20, 2024

This place has some of the best dimsum around. The hao gao, shu mai, and other traditional dim sums are a favorite to order.

The space isn't that big but it's clean, modern, and has an upscale feel. There's no dimsum carts rolling around, everything is ordered off menu and brought to the table hot and fresh.

Now that Dynasty is gone, this place is where to go for great food.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Frances L.
      Jul 29, 2023

I've dined at all the Koi restaurants in the Bay Area and had the pleasure of having dim sum with my parents at this new location. It is beautiful inside and the service was attentive. I find I enjoy great service with my Chinese speaking parents at Chinese restaurants. We arrived at 2pm on a Friday afternoon and were promptly seated. The restaurant closes at 2:30 until 5:30, but they didn't rush us.

The dim sum was solid and nicely presented, but on the expensive side. I love taro puffs and the black swan taro pastries were both beautiful and delicious. I enjoyed the sautéed veggies. Both were fresh and tender. Braised Yuba Roll was very flavorful. I liked the pork and mushroom filling with the tofu skin wrap. The lobster har gow was a miss though. It didn't have a strong lobster flavor and the wrap fell apart.

We enjoyed our lunch and I'd return to try dinner.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 2
      Love this 7
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Prasiddha H.
      Aug 1, 2023

Ended up in Koi Palace with a few friends and the boy after watching Barbie! This was a good decision as the food was yummy and we were very quickly seated. This place is pretty big with a nice ambiance and comfortable seating. Once we had sat down, we ended up ordering:

* soup dumplings - they came in a set of 5 with different colors and were delicious with the soupy filling

*poatched scallion chicken - this was very soft and tender with bones and tasted very yummy, definitely on the simpler side but yummy

* Iberico char siu - this was delicious and one of my favorites, and I loved the sauce it came with and the little cherry things and apples added a lot of flavors. The meat was a little fatty which personally I liked a lot

*pan seared soup dumpling - this was crispy and yummy, and I loved every bite of these!

*typhoon prawn dumpling - these were fried and good but wish they weren't fried so much

* wagyu beef chow fun - I thought this was flavorful and the meat was soft, tender and well marinated which I very much enjoyed

* clam with vermicelli - this came in a cool looking shell and was an interesting taste, it was my first time trying and it was a little chewy but I liked it!

Overall, the food was really good and enjoyed all the variety! In the end we checked in and got some ice cream which I really appreciated. Please go support this local business!

Helpful 4
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Li G.
      Li G.
      Canada
      Jan 26, 2024

I have been choosing this place for friend gathering for many times. Pretty decent Dim Sum place. Love this scallion pan cake a lot, crispy crust and aromatic and fulfilling bread inside. Beijing duck is also great, small portion is good for two or three person.

Service and environment is good.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Henry L.
      Henry L.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Dec 30, 2023
      Updated review

This is a review of the brunch / lunch menus. So basically you have your standard dim sum items, like the ha gau, siu mai, etc. which are all unfortunately pretty run-of-the-mill. The pork puff was very disappointing, with a thin texture and barely any meat filling. With the price a lot of the checkboxes needed to be completed, if anything, the quality checkbox. The pineapple bun was alright. It was served in a ritzy dessert format, but all the dim sum OGs know it's nothing fancy, just a giant piece of butter placed between a well baked bun with some pineapple essence for fragrance. In any case, I would just go with some of their usual lunch items here and skip the dim sum altogether.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Business owner information

Photo of Ella C.

Ella C.

Dec 6, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Mark L.
      Mark L.
      Los Altos, CA
      Sep 17, 2023
      Updated review

Just thought I was happy with the service and the food, I came again on a Saturday night. Experience was horrible.

We ordered a baked pork chop over rice. And they sent us the wrong dishes. They got us the pork chop and the fish combo. We ordered the special pork with truffle dish and they sent us the black pepper steak and insisted saying it's the pork. As for the bolo bun, they showed the order on there receipt but turned out they sold out. And didn't tell us until we asked.

Besides the bus, none of the servers feel like serving. We waited for about 30 minutes for the milk tea and then about 45 minutes for the first entree which was incorrect. The total dining was over 2 hours and the sad thing is there were only 4 tables there the whole evening.

Food wise, besides the pork chop that needed to remake and came out last was the only thing hot, most of everything including the bake pork chop over rice was warm. Especially the soup, barely warm.

Overall disappointing. I do have to admit the food taste ok. There are better but not around Cupertino but they also charge almost twice as much.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
      Aug 31, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Hang T.
      Hang T.
      San Jose, CA
      Jul 17, 2023
      Seated via Yelp Reservations

The freshest dim sum I've tasted ever, but pretty pricey.

The new dim sum place in town and it's beautifully decorated. So modern and beautiful. I love the blue walls and the grand light fixtures. The tea pots and cups were a nice touch as well. Not your grandma's teaware. I also love that they let you book reservations online.

We reserved a table for 8. Got in right away. You order from a menu here for dim sum. I like that better than waiting for carts.

The menu was a little more modern than the traditional dim sum restaurants around, but I was excited to try.

My favorites were the crispy dumpling with the minced pork (bursting with flavor and perfect texture), crispy daikon cake (amazing. perfectly cooked and the skin complimented the daikon so well), chow fun (perfectly al dente and the noodles didn't clump together like other places do). and the chicken feet (not too sticky and flavorful).

For the most part everything tastes so fresh and not like it was frozen for a while. I would skip the wagyu dumplings because there was just too much filling to finish after a while.

Daikon
      Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0

58 other reviews that are not currently recommended

Other Seafood Nearby

Sponsored
    GAO’s Kabob & Crab
    4.0 (163 reviews)

Melanie L. said"Gao's is one of the few late-night spots in the East Bay that stay open until 2am every day. They're located in a plaza with plenty of parking in the lot. The restaurant front looks pretty unassuming and dark, but once you walk in…"read more

in Beer Bar, Kebab, Seafood

Pacific Catch
    4.0 (470 reviews)

0.05 miles away from Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

Y M. said"My husband and I went there on Saturday evening without reservation. We were seated within five minutes after we arrived at the restaurant. The service and food were good. The restaurant was clean. I just wish the waiter wore less…"read more

in Seafood

Collections Including Koi Palace Contempo - Cupertino

People Also Viewed