• 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM (Next day)

Sun

• 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Credo
    4.0 (919 reviews)

4.9 miles away from The Crew

Kellen F. said"I didn't want to let this place not get my review, as I think it's stuck in the 3.5 range, but it should be better than that! First order of business: this place is on the higher end of $$. We're talking 17-20 for a "first plate"…"read more

in Beer, Wine & Spirits, Italian, New American

The Melt
    4.5 (512 reviews)

5.0 miles away from The Crew

Uma M. said"I came here to pick up a scheduled meal through the MealPal service through which I had ordered the grilled cheese and tomato soup midday Tuesday. I was running late but turns out they prep the meal when you reach. The grilled…"read more

in Burgers, Sandwiches, American

Amenities and More

About the Business

Fresh Meat BBQ grill on tables, Korean Fried Chickens, Korean Spicy Crab, Kalbi Jim, Tofu Soup, Kalbi Tang, Hot Stones Plates and Kalbi in sizzling plate, one and only place for honeycomb Makgeolli in Bay Area…

Ask the Community

• Q:

Does the kimchi contain shrimp or is it vegan? is this a good place for people with shellfish allergy?

A:

No answers yet. Answer this question
    • Q:

Hi. Do you accept reservations for a party of 6 or more?

A:

Hi Maricar, we are walks in only we do not accept any reservations due to limited space. Thanks for understanding.

Jae K., Business Manager 
      3 months ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of The Crew

Overall rating

598 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Samantha F.
      Samantha F.
      San Francisco, CA
      May 5, 2024
      1 check-in

Dinner post pickleball session around 8pm - no wait.

This spot reminds of your typical Korean bar, but serves more than your typically fried foods. I came to try their soup and seafood pancake.

FOOD:
      They have your traditional Korean food - tofu soups, kalbitang, various pancakes, kalbijim, and they also offer kbbq. We opted for:
      - banchan: they offer a pretty good selection and the kimchi was fresh.
      - seafood pancake: we were pretty impressed with the size, taste and generous amount of seafood. I would say top 3 seafood pancakes I've had - and I've had my fair share of seafood pancakes - I ALWAYS order seafood pancakes at Korean restaurants :)
      - tofu soup mild: this was the perfect amount of spiciness and came with an raw egg as usual and a plus for including purple rice.
      - kalbitang: I always order this as it is my fav type of Korean soup. But their was okay. It didn't come with much glass noodles and did not come with egg strips or the wasabi soy sauce to dip the ribs. The flavor of the soup was pretty good overall.

AMBIANCE:
      Neon signs and dark vibes so the late night bar scene. Not the biggest spot, I can imagine it can get pretty busy here during the weekend nights.

SERVICE:
      Very friendly waiters!

Verdit:
      I would return to try their other items.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Florence G.
      Florence G.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 25, 2024
      Updated review

it's hard. rating this lower than when i had them back in 2021. there's just a lot they've changed and not for the better.

there's a few things that made this place being a homey, reasonably priced, delicious restaurant to being an overrated, average tasting/not worth it, intense yelling zone.

they've renovated their restaurant. awesome. lovely. they've also changed their menu to be more trendier and to include stuff i have admired from shows. however the service and quality doesn't meet the expectations of was presented to me via social media, or of what i thought the food was suppose to taste like.

what was good? the cheese kimchi pancake. always a fan favorite and glad they didn't take that off the menu. it's so thick and cheesy, it's giving pizza. galbi/kalbi is standard. nothing special. banchans good! lots of variety.

what was not good? the rose tteokbeokki. it was really not good. it wasn't creamy, it wasn't spicy, it wasn't really anything and the flavor itself was just off. i wish i listened to the other yelpers who also felt the same way. the honey makgulri was just the aesthetics because of the honeycomb has the white stuff, it makes the whole drink gritty, with hard white bits stuck to your mouth and have to spit out. the sweetness didn't blend/mix with the alc especially because the drink is cold and in order to melt honey, it needs to be hot. and finally, the service.

service itself was really poor. the servers don't check up on y'all to either take order, check on the food/table, give the bill at the appropriate time, etc, nor does they acknowledge us if i was getting their attention. it's clear they bit off more than they can chew and i hope they can work on quality of service, instead of them just giving half baked service as they're overworked themselves.

crew if you reading this, bring back the Pork Jjagleri, it was so good and yummy.

Helpful 7
      Thanks 3
      Love this 4
      Oh no 1
      Aug 5, 2021Previous review
    • Photo of Grace L.
      Grace L.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 19, 2024

After seeing this restaurant on Instagram, I came here for the honeycomb rice wine combo. Unfortunately, this was the only memorable part of the meal, as they cut the honeycomb tableside ($10 per slice though). The food was pricy for the quality you get, and the flavors didn't meet my expectations.

The biggest disappointment was the seafood pancake ($23.95); it was burnt and therefore, bitter, and every single one the shrimp pieces surprisingly had the tails still on! You could maybe get away with that if the shells were fried crispy like in tempura, but this was not the case. Different than the American style, the garlic fries ($13) were tossed in a garlic sauce, which gave the fries an odd stale and soggy texture. The beef in the kalbi tang ($24.95) was a bit tough.
      The 8 piece wings ($18.95) were fine. I wouldn't come back.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Everett L.
      Everett L.
      Walnut Creek, CA
      May 4, 2024

The Crew is a culinary voyage to Korea's vibrant street food scene, tucked away in a cozy enclave. Despite its modest size, this gem packs a flavorful punch. From crispy chicken wings to savory rice cakes and sizzling BBQ meals, each dish is a tantalizing journey for the taste buds. And what's a Korean feast without soju? The Crew's selection adds an extra layer of authenticity and enjoyment to the experience. With every bite and sip, you'll feel like you've stumbled upon a delicious secret worth sharing.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Anna N.
      Anna N.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 19, 2024

I've been to The Crew before but it's definitely been a minute. Their interior looks a lot different now and feels more cozy.

We got their King Tonkatsu ($19.95), Tofu Soup ($18.95) and their Makgulri ($14). I thought their Tonkatsu was okey, it definitely was very big but wish it was more juicy. My friend got their tofu soup, the mild one, i tried a little bit and it had a slight kick. I don't really drink so my friend mainly drank the makgulri. We wanted it with the honey comb but didn't realize it was a separate price for it ... the waitress made it seem like it comes with it and if you want more of the honeycomb then you'll pay extra. We were a little bit ticked off but it was whatever lol To get honeycomb it is +$10.

Overall Rating: 3/5

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Salina L.
      Salina L.
      San Francisco, CA
      May 5, 2024

Came here with my friends after they open and I kinda like the old "crew" more. The ambiance is nice but it's pretty dark inside after the sun goes down. It's also way more expensive than it used to be. The tofu stew is pretty god but I got the spiciest level and it was traumatizing lol. Not for the weak

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Cindy F.
      Cindy F.
      San Francisco, CA
      Mar 17, 2024

This place somehow blew up with the Honey Makkgeoli and while it was a good hearty Korean meal, it didn't necessarily wow me to the point I'd come back. It's sort of in between a pocha and sit down Korean restaurant.

Note - the honey in makkgeoli also causes the drink to be a bit waxy

Ordered Dishes - Spicy Pork, Fried Chicken, Kimchijigae, Tteboki, Kimchi pancake. Favorite dish is probably the spicy pork

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Chloe L.
      Chloe L.
      Inner Sunset, San Francisco, CA
      Mar 13, 2024
      1 check-in

Finally went back to the Crew after going several years ago. The interior of the restaurant has changed (for the better) and the food was delicious! My party of 2 went on a Saturday but we got there 30mins before opening since they don't do reservations. They get busy quickly so I suggest getting there early!

Food Ordered:

Kalbi half portion -bbq (9/10): the meat wasn't overly greasy and was perfectly marinated! I do wish it was a little hotter even though it was on a hot stone plate.

Corn Cheese (10/10): one of my fave dishes at the Crew! The cheese was so gooey and hot and had the perfect amount to compliment the amount of corn.

Mozzarella Corndog (3/10): to me this wasn't worth since you can get mozzarella corndogs for cheaper at asian markets and this one was covered in way too much sugar. There also wasn't much of a cheese pull.

Kalbi Short Rib Soup (9/10): I'm a sucker for Kalbitang and the broth for this was perfect. I wish there were more bones, but that's my personal preference.

The Crew Wings - Garlic (9/10): the taste was amazing, but with the sauce it does lose some of its crispiness.

Drinks Ordered:

Honeycomb Makgeolli (9/10): if you like sweet honey drinks, this is perfect for you! It got a bit too sweet for me towards the end, but I still enjoyed it.

Overall for 2 people, we finished everything and enjoyed most of the items we ordered. We're definitely planning on coming back and trying more items!

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Elisa C.
      Elisa C.
      San Francisco, CA
      Mar 7, 2024

I liked that there were 1/2 portions in the case you didn't want anything extremely big. Pricing was steeper for Korean compared to our typical favorites. Seafood pancake was huge!

They gave us the date table by the front of the restaurant but it's a bit cramped, we didn't mind!

Love the ambiance and darker lights which matches the new usual settings for modern restaurants.

Service was normal, nothing crazy. Overall easy come and go place!

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Dale D.
      Dale D.
      Sacramento, CA
      Mar 1, 2024

This was an amazing experience. Please go experience!

The ambiance feels like how a small restaurant with delicious, affordable food would be. There's a video projector that projected the NBA game directly on the wall without a screen, at 8pm they started playing music fairly loud, it became hard to hear conversations. The floors and tables are slightly sticky. When I first sat in my chair, there was something sticky on the arm.

Service was very accommodating, very sweet. Excellent service.

Food was delicious. Maybe because my first time trying tteokbokki, but this was one of the best dishes ever! A variety of different rice noodles, delicious creamy sauce. The experience was so amazing I just go back and just stare at the picture sometimes.

Seafood pancake was a little bland. We probably wouldn't order again

Fried rice was a fun experience too. They poor egg whites around the rice and you have to mix and cook it on the hot plate yourself. Was delicious.

Helpful 3
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

33 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Kiki Japanese Restaurant
    3.5 (1.1k reviews)

1.0 miles away from The Crew

Steven C. said"Came here last weekend with a small group of friends. Wasn't expecting too much because it looks like a house turned into a makeshift Japanese restaurant. First things first, you can't expect the most authentic Japanese food here…"read more

in Sushi Bars, Japanese

KFC

0.8 miles away from The Crew

John O. said"I love this KFC and am surprised at some of the negative reviews. The manager lady is cool and works really hard. They are short-staffed nowadays so do expect to wait if you want something particular. They usually give me a free…"read more

in Chicken Shop, Chicken Wings, Fast Food

Collections Including The Crew

People Also Viewed