• 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Sun

• 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Daryl Berman ,DC
    5.0 (59 reviews)

23.2 miles away from Bay Spa

Silvia B. said"I was going to post something about how honest and caring Daryl Berman is, but then something happened yesterday which blew my mind, so here is today's review. I had a really bad case of allergies, couldn't breathe, couldn't sleep,…"read more

in Chiropractors

NOVA IVF
    4.5 (98 reviews)

5.8 miles away from Bay Spa

Jamie S. said"I don't usually post things on yelp or do much social media because I am a fairly private person. However, after my experience as an infertility patient who can finally say I am done creating my family, I felt compelled to write…"read more

in Fertility

Amenities and More

About the Business

18.000sq. ft brand new building and facility. Bay Spa is NOW OPEN. Korean spas and saunas differ from other spas as they focus on holistic relaxing and healing of the body and mind, with special features such as 4 customized sauna rooms, acupressure and deep tissue massages, body scrubbing and exfoliation, pools and hot tubs, and a communal entertainment area with massage chairs and authentic Korean food and snacks.

Ask the Community

• Q:

It'll be my first time coming, what should i expect when i first arrive? is there anything i need to do to prep? thx!

A:

Ensure you allocate at least 2-3 hours of your time. Arrive with a light appetite; beverages and snack bars will be provided. Come with a positive attitude and soak in the uplifting atmosphere of this… more

Slava C. 
      24 days ago 2 people found this helpful
    • Q:

Hello! Is the restaurant open yet? Thank you!!!

A:

They had a soft opening when I went on MLK day!

David W. 
      3 months ago 2 people found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Bay Spa

Overall rating

154 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Elizabeth L.
      Elizabeth L.
      New York, NY
      Apr 24, 2024

Came here with my sister last week for a scrub. Clean facilities and friendly staff. I'm used to getting a cucumber mask instead of a paste during the service, but it was nice to try something different. There are two pools in the women's spa -- hot and cold.

Loved loved loved the massage chairs, I could have stayed in that room for hours.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 1
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Ethan Y.
      Ethan Y.
      Berkeley, CA
      Mar 30, 2024

This is a review of a general day pass experience. I've been a few times already, and I'm already considering buying a multi pass because of how nice it is to have a proper Korean spa in the Bay Area.

I've been to Wi Spa down in LA, and was not expecting anything of that caliber to be here up north. And while it isn't as grand or open to the wee hours of the morning, Bay Spa delivers in cleanliness, accessibility, and amenities.

The times I've went, it's never been too crowded, nor have I noticed any issues with the clientele. The staff are very nice and considerate, down to the new kitchen staff who pop in every now and then to ask how the food tastes in the cafeteria (really good btw).

It has the works - hot tubs, steam rooms, and a cold plunge for the gendered bath areas. Note - if you haven't been to an onsen or Korean spa before, know that you're completely in the nude in these areas. So know about this culture shock so you aren't taken off guard your first visit!

There's also a fleet of massage chairs with a variety of modes to fit whatever you need to loosen up. Me and my friends usually take the Kahuna chairs near the entrance tho since they have the screens and feel the most up to date.

On the ground floor, there are the common areas and heated/cooled rooms, which are co-ed. Here you can enjoy some time with your friends and family, and enjoy some food from the new kitchen! I come for the pampering but stay to fill my belly. The portions are huge, and luckily I was able to take my leftovers home.

I give this play 4/5 because it's a solid spa experience but definitely on a smaller scale compared to those in LA. The kitchen also can get backed up real easy on crowded days so best to plan when you'll have a meal in between your bath/sauna sessions.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 2
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Michelle M.
      Mar 22, 2024

SPA I can't compare this to any other Asian spa because I haven't been to other ones before, but I had a great experience here and spent the whole day here with a couple of friends.

You don't need to bring your own sandals because they provide you with sandals and what looks like a P.E. physical education uniform.

They also provide you with a locker that is included with the price.

FOOD they have a restaurant inside that allows you to really spend all day here haha. I'm curious to try their ramen next time. You order at a digital kiosk that is touch screen.

GENERAL Next time I would do one of the massage services and that grants you access to the entire spa.

Outside
      Helpful 6
      Thanks 3
      Love this 5
      Oh no 2
    • Photo of Amanda F.
      Amanda F.
      San Francisco, CA
      Apr 28, 2024

Super great spa! I came on a Saturday and spent 3.5 hours here, it was so relaxing! My favorite part were the salt and clay rooms after the Korean scrub. Super relaxing, definitely make an appointment!

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Farhana M.
      Farhana M.
      San Jose, CA
      Jan 17, 2024

I came on a Wednesday morning for my
      Birthday! Bummer there's no birthday specials when I asked the front desk but I was still ready to get scrubbed down. It's not my first time at a Korean spa but it was my first time here. I got a tour of the facility, which is a great touch that this place does. I booked the Aroma Therapy scrub for 90 min. Not sure if there was a specific smell happening during this because I didn't notice anything. But anyways, this was relaxing! What can be off putting to new comers and experienced people is that the scrub area is VERY open. It's in a separate room than the pools, which is nice and different from other Korean spas, but this one has no privacy between everyone getting scrubbed! It looked like they have curtains set up but they dont use them. Personally, I didn't mind but it was a new quirk to experience for sure.

Linda did my service and when it was time for the massage, I told her to do light pressure on my legs, and only on my legs, and she definitely delivered. She did great and I left the bath area feeling super clean and relaxed.

The kitchen is open! Lots of options. It's interesting that there was a kiosk but I guess thats silicon valley for you. The kiosk takes credit card instead of your bracelet.

To Bay Spa management, please add allergens on the menu items! I'm not confident on having a safe eating experience with a gluten intolerance.

Sides, thai iced tea, bibimbap
      Bibimbap
      Helpful 8
      Thanks 2
      Love this 4
      Oh no 4
    • Photo of Annie C.
      Annie C.
      San Jose, CA
      Mar 18, 2024

What a lovely, peaceful place. I brought a book and disconnected from my phone.

It's not the biggest place, so I think it could easily feel crowded.

The locker room area has nice sofas that I was hoping to lounge on with a face mask, but because it was so close to the spa it smelled really heavily of chlorine and I abandoned that idea.

The warm rooms were very nice, but while I was trying to relax in the Jade room something kept banging on the other side of the wall and I had to give up and walk out.

I ate at the onsite cafe. I ordered the bibimbap and the portion was HUGE. I wasn't expecting side dishes, so I was pleasantly surprised by the variety and amount. I felt the $20 price tag (there was a tax-free special when I went) was reasonable.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 1
      Love this 2
      Oh no 2
    • Photo of Monica M.
      Monica M.
      San Lorenzo, CA
      Feb 23, 2024
      1 check-in

Out of my love for kspas, a friend of mine recommended we visit Bay Spa in Santa Clara. She said it was an experience, and she was absolutely on point about that. From check in to the service, everything went extremely smooth, and I loved how clean and up to date everything was kept. After a 60-minute body scrub and massage, my friends and I decided to sit down and relax in the state-of-the-art massage chairs they have on the 2nd floor. Following the massage chairs, we decided to head down to the cafe for something to eat. A top notch kspa offering mouthwatering food is an A++ in my book! We ordered bibimbap and a seafood pancake to share. Everything was prepared deliciously, and the prices were less than other comparable places in the area due to the fact that they don't charge tax! I've become a fan of Bay Spa and look forward to my next visit!

Helpful 5
      Thanks 1
      Love this 3
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Michael W.
      Michael W.
      Dublin, CA
      Mar 14, 2024

To my Russian brothers, please keep it down. This is not a banya. There are signs plastered everywhere to be quiet. Not unless management starts enforcing, this is not the place for peace and quiet.

With that out of the way, Bay Spa is probably the best Korean spa in the Bay Area and resembles the likes of Wii Spa or Palace Spa in Southern California. There are multiple heated rooms and one cold room in the co-ed area for you to relax on the first floor. There's a restaurant on the first floor as well that serves traditional overpriced korean food and bingsu. We ordered a mild ramen $13 and a beef tofu soup $22 and thought both were mid at best. On the second floor, you'll find gender specific wet areas that include a jacuzzi, cold plunge, steam room and sauna. On the second floor, you'll find a large rest area with 2 dozen zero gravity massage chairs that can be used for 30 mins each visit.

Overall, the facility is well thought out and clean. 5/5!

Helpful 9
      Thanks 5
      Love this 6
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Matthew V.
      Apr 28, 2024

Great atmosphere. The massage chairs rock!!!

$40 goes a long way here. Make sure to bring something relaxing to listen to in the massage chairs.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Saleen L.
      Saleen L.
      San Jose, CA
      Sep 21, 2023

First time at a Korean Spa & I'm honestly in LOVE!

This place is new and so clean! Large space, ample parking, and great amenities like a co-ed classic mat lounge room, massage chairs, and heated Jade/Clay/Salt + Cool Rooms that carry a variety of nice health benefits. When you check in for your reservation, they give you a rubber key band which has your locker number on there making it easy to remember and carry throughout your visit.

The front desk employees were very nice and the ajumma that serviced me for my scrub was amazinggg!! She was the sweetest and knew it was my first time so kept checking if I was okay with the pressure of both the scrub and massage.

Also thought I'd feel a bit uncomfortable being butt a** naked, but honestly since everyone was - it was so easy and natural. My friend and I went an hour early to enjoy the jacuzzi which I highly recommend - since you have to be there 30 mins early to rinse off anyways.

Highly suggest adding the body/scalp massage and facial if you're thinking of just doing a scrub! I ended up adding it last minute and paying the difference AND It was worth the little extra $$. The scrub though is a MUST for sure - legit the smoothest baby butt skin after && for days....This will def. Be a monthly ritual for me!

Towels and clothes to change into
      Helpful 8
      Thanks 3
      Love this 7
      Oh no 2

11 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Karen Struck, RN
    5.0 (68 reviews)

Geena G. said"I wasn't surprised when I saw Karen has 5 stars on yelp because she truly is the best! If I could give her 10 stars I would. Karen has done my lips 4 times and I'm so thankful I found her! I get extremely nervous with any procedures…"read more

in Medical Spas

Good Life Chiropractic
    5.0 (142 reviews)

4.4 miles away from Bay Spa

Free spinal evaluation with accurate diagnosis using Surface Electromyography, Thermography, and digital X-Ray technology. 32 years in business as one of the most established chiropractic offices in this Valley.read more

in Chiropractors

Collections Including Bay Spa

People Also Viewed