• 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM

Sun

• Closed

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria
    3.5 (312 reviews)

0.7 miles away from Cafe Wisteria

maria c. said"We came here for my youngest son 1st Birthday, we invited few friends, and we were a large group of 18. I tried to make reservations but they don't accept any, they told me on the phone that Saturday 1:00 pm shouldn't be any…"read more

in Chicken Wings, Pizza, Salad

Segway Polo
    4.5 (7 reviews)

2.8 miles away from Cafe Wisteria

Jared C. said"This is such a fun activity! Another new form of things-to-do in Silicon Valley. Tyler and his team are awesome! They explained the rules very well and helped organized our group and got us started. The Segways are in tip top shape.…"read more

in Party & Event Planning, Amateur Sports Teams

Amenities and More

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do you serve alcohol?

A:

No we do not but you may bring in your favorite bottle of champagne or wine for lunch.

Tiana W., Business Manager 
      1 year ago 1 person found this helpful
    • Q:

Is there indoor space? And i have to make a reservation for lunch on weekday?

A:

Yes there is indoor dining area. reservation is not mandatory but recommended.

Sohyoung L. K. 
      2 years ago 1 person found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Cafe Wisteria

Overall rating

103 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Elisa H.
      Elisa H.
      Burlingame, CA
      Nov 11, 2023

A hidden gem and not to be missed culinary experience situated in the most gorgeous garden nestled among an historically significant cluster of shops and artist studios. I spent several hours with girlfriends of more than 35 years today, basking in the glow of our shared memories and the Fall sunshine. Our lunch was amazing, ambiance was superb and service was spectacular. Two of the four of us travelled pretty far for this experience and the two of us who were local and had been here before were delighted by the fact that they kept declaring how worth the trip the experience was. We were enchanted by how the grounds resembled our high school in Monterey, which was situated on the grounds of what was once a Hacienda style ranch.

I had the pumpkin soup and paella with tropical iced tea to drink. Of course I was delighted with the pumpkin soup, a favorite of mine, but this was a hearty, tummy warming version, enhanced by the crunchy pepitas and crostini. My paella was perfect, the bomba rice studded with saffron and toothsome. Huge scallops and succulent prawns were the stars of the dish and mild- ish chorizo gave a meaty accent. Since I was pretty full from my soup, I only could eat about half of my main dish. Two of my friends raved about their crab Benedict and one of them had the beef tacos. We opened and closed the place down, lingering as they were setting up for a wedding. Afterwards we visited the florist, looked at some of the exhibits and reminisced about high school.

Helpful 6
      Thanks 0
      Love this 4
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Tin C.
      Tin C.
      CA, CA
      Nov 10, 2023

Food : 6/10
      I think it's pretty good except for the price (but it's understandable)
      Service: 1/10
      Worst service ever! I asked a waitress for the dressing , then she forgot it on purpose, she passed by me and looked at me a lot of time but yes she didnt give it to me at all (or maybe because we are Viet? I feel like we were discriminated)
      Ambiance:9/10
      It's the reason we came here so I have no comment. Nice and beautiful , anh that's it
      Note: They will charge 20% of service automatically

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 2
    • Photo of Pinky A.
      Pinky A.
      Fremont, CA
      Apr 13, 2024

Great ambiance, great food and service. Came here to celebrate my birthday with my mom and sister. Truly enjoyed our experience.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Serena T.
      Serena T.
      Cupertino, CA
      Feb 2, 2024

I loved the ambiance of this place just nestled into the gardens . A delightful little lunch place to catch up with friends and relax. Pictured is the carbonara and pot pie ‍‍‍ the tea was delicious as well

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Aimee L.
      Aimee L.
      San Diego, CA
      Sep 13, 2023

Tried this cafe for brunch, and it was a delightful experience! The decor inside is so detailed and pretty, and the outside gardens are expansive and perfect to walk in after your meal. On this day, there were two baby showers going on within the restaurant, but the service was still so fast and we didn't feel neglected in any way. We ordered French Onion Soups, along with Mushroom Empanadas and Short Rib Rigatoni.

French Onion Soup: Rich and flavorful, with two pieces of bread and lots of cheese inside. This was quite filling despite being an appetizer, but I would definitely order again!

Mushroom Empanadas: The pastry exterior was buttery and flaky, and the mushroom filling was a savory paste. I loved this combination, and the empanadas were a decent size!

Short Rib Rigatoni: Really yummy- the sauce has a strong tomato flavor and the short rib was perfectly cooked. My only complaint is that the pasta was a little too soft for my taste, but this was otherwise a wonderful dish!

Wonderful spot for a weekend lunch- definitely coming back :)

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

Business owner information

Photo of Tiana W.

Tiana W.

Sep 14, 2023

Thank you for your support. We sincerely appreciate your business.

• Photo of Izzie L.
      Izzie L.
      Sunnyvale, CA
      Jun 27, 2023

Short Rib Rigatoni [4/5]
      The pasta was beautifully plated and the tomato-like meat & sauce tasted elevated but filling. I didn't enjoy that so much of the dish was pasta (as opposed to short rib), but it was understandable.

Cafe Wisteria is a beautiful place in a quiet neighborhood. The surrounding artisan shops are so beautiful and filled with hidden artistic treasures. We sat on the outside patio and it was perfectly shaded, and the tables were spaced far enough apart that we could make good conversation with each other. The service was really great, our waitress was very friendly and checked in on us multiple times.

Would definitely recommend this place for a beautiful brunch with your friends! Just a little pricey (but it's Palo Alto).

Short Rib Rigatoni
      Outside
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Sheena B.
      Sheena B.
      Sunset District, San Francisco, CA
      Mar 25, 2023

My boyfriend actually surprised me and took me here for valentines and we were both in awe with the scenery. You would never know this place existed because it's tucked behind a little forest, but once you enter it's like you're transported to a disney movie! The cafe was extremely homey and the food was so comforting especially on a colder day, highly recommend!

short rib rigatoni (10/10)
      chicken pot pie (10/10)
      creamy iced coffee (9/10)

IG: @girlseatbayarea

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 3
    • Photo of Elena C.
      Elena C.
      Campbell, CA
      Nov 21, 2022

If you're looking for a beautiful location for lunch with the fam or for a venue to host your wedding, look no further.

This little gem is surrounded by beautiful rose gardens (love that they have signs identifying the breed of flowers) and is tucked away from the hustle of the city. Definitely gives you southern vibes in the best way possible.

Cafe Wisteria is a women-owned restaurant which serves American/Italian fare. I got their Smokey chicken carbonara for lunch and really enjoyed the sauce and the pasta. The chicken was overcooked, which wasn't great, but the flavors and setting made up for it.

I will be back.

Helpful 8
      Thanks 1
      Love this 9
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Olee L.
      Olee L.
      Santa Clara, CA
      Oct 23, 2022

Peaceful and beautiful place to be with your girlfriends. This place does not allow dogs except service dogs.

We sit by the pool and it is very nice! Food os good and service is also very friendly. I wear my high heel and can't walk from parking lot to restaurants because of uneven pebbles and sand flooring. Wear a platform shoes.

Parking is free. So beautiful I need to come again.

Helpful 7
      Thanks 2
      Love this 7
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Audrey ..
      Audrey ..
      San Francisco, CA
      Feb 25, 2024

Took mom for milestone birthday.
      Mom loves gardens so sitting outside on a sunny day under ancient wisteria vine was a special and memorable experience.
      Food was delicious....colorful, visually delightful... decorated with purple dendrobium orchids. Afterwards walked and visited the stores and art galleries.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0

7 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Handheld Catering
    4.5 (62 reviews)

Cherie L. said"I heard about this company from a friend, and lucky for me the owner was in town for a family event and I was able to coordinate my party around his trip to secure his services. In a word - amazing! This is the first party I have…"read more

in Caterers

Athena Grill
    4.0 (1.8k reviews)

Prachi S. said"My husband treated me to dinner at this place, last Friday. And I was not sure what to expect, considering its in the middle of an office area. I even told him that we would take food to go if it were empty. But, to my pleasant…"read more

in Mediterranean

Collections Including Cafe Wisteria

People Also Viewed