top of page
landing first image 1.jpg
At Silgaban, we believe in offering nutritionally-balanced meals that everyone can enjoy. Our goal is to provide food for everyone that meets their dietary needs without compromising on taste.

Healthy Korean Meal Prep

Silgaban makes healthy eating simple and delicious, so you can spend more time doing what you love.

Welcome to Silgaban, your go-to source for healthy and delicious Korean meal prep in the San Jose and Santa Clara area of California.
At Silgaban, we believe that healthy eating should never mean sacrificing flavor or convenience. Our mission is to provide our customers with high-quality, nutritionally balanced Korean meal prep options that are both delicious and convenient. Whether you're a busy working professional looking for a healthier and more affordable alternative to takeout or a fitness enthusiast seeking a nutritionally balanced meal that meets your macro needs, Silgaban has got you covered. With a focus on using fresh, high-quality ingredients and rotating our menu to keep things interesting, Silgaban offers something for everyone. We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality, convenience, and customer satisfaction, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Silicon Valley Family Banchan

Silgaban

1505 Winchester Blvd

San Jose, CA 95128

My journey to starting Silgaban has been an exciting and fulfilling one, full of unexpected twists and turns. Food has always been a central part of my life, growing up in Korea where family meals were an integral part of our culture. Watching my mother and grandmother cook sparked a lifelong passion for food, and I often spent hours in the kitchen, learning new techniques and experimenting with different recipes.

When my family immigrated to the United States, I pursued higher education, graduating from NYU with degrees in Finance and Marketing. I landed a job as an equity trader on Wall Street, which was both exciting and challenging. But despite the high-pressure environment, I always felt like something was missing. I wanted to make a real difference in people's lives, to contribute to society in a more meaningful way.

As I started eating out more frequently, I realized that the food I was consuming wasn't always healthy. Most of the time, it was packed with sodium, MSG, and other unhealthy additives, making it a struggle to meet my nutritional needs. This is when I started cooking more and more as a hobby, experimenting with new recipes and ingredients in my free time.

Cooking quickly became my favorite stress reliever and a way to unwind after a long day at work. Before I knew it, I was regularly cooking meals for my family, including my two-year-old niece, and seeing their enjoyment and appreciation for my food was immensely rewarding. This led me to start cooking for friends and their families, and soon I was receiving requests for my healthy and delicious meals.

It wasn't long before I realized that I had found my calling. I left Wall Street and moved to California, where I founded Silgaban, a company dedicated to providing nutritionally-balanced and delicious food for everyone. At Silgaban, we believe that food can be both healthy and delicious and that everyone should have access to nutritious meals that fuel their bodies and minds.

But Silgaban is not just a food company. It's also a reflection of my values and my desire to make a positive impact on the world. I believe that businesses have a responsibility to give back to the communities they serve, and that’s why I donate a portion of Silgaban’s profit to charitable causes. My ultimate dream is to build schools and infrastructure in underserved communities so that children around the world can have the opportunities to overcome struggles and give back to their communities.

Thank you for taking the time to learn about my story and my vision for Silgaban. I'm excited to share my love of healthy, delicious food with you, and I hope that together, we can make the world a better place, one meal at a time.

About the Founder - Joseph Shin

Silgaban uses extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil for healthier and more refined taste. We use paprika powder over the traditional spicy red pepper powder, so everyone can enjoy the classic Korean flavor without any dish being overly spicy. Fuel your body and mind with healthy Korean food.

bottom of page